Chapter 13-The walk back

Zelda

'Me and Link walked in silence. It was the walk back. The silence that we felt...It wasn't the awkward type of silence. It was surprisingly....comfortable. It felt odd to feel like this.

Deep down, I knew that maybe tomorrow things would not be as relaxed as it was today. I don't want Link to feel weird around me, because one second I look like I'm full of hate and the next, I'm full of kindness. I know after this day...I'll probably go back go being cold with him. My mind was telling me to do so. I should take my job even more seriously from now on...I should, shouldn't I?'

Zelda took a small glance at Link. She tried to do it as causally and not obvious as possible.

And to her surprise...he was standing quite close to her..he was no longer behind...

The more they walked, the more closer he got, and he seemed to not notice this himself.

After a few seconds, he was beside her. Not close beside her...but he was closer than before.

The thing she found more shocking was the fact he was standing there....with a slight smirk on his face.

Zelda tried her best to hide her reaction.

'He's really...smiling..??'

It hadn't been long since she had met him....and she already knew that at times like this, he showed emotion when he thought she wasn't looking.

And it's not like he did it on purpose. She saw a slight smile when they took a picture earlier on. And she thought she imagined a smile at the ceremony. But those...did not seem as natural as this smile.

'Maybe I'm ruining his reputation. I shouldn't smile at this...I--'

Zelda couldn't help it. She slowly lowered her face and smiled to herself as she gently swung the basket up and down as they walked.

They walked with this comfortable silence. They both heard the crunching of the twigs and crisp leaves beneath their feet.

She once again heard the birds chirping above their heads. It was just as peaceful as it was before.

She saw from the corner of her eye that Link had kept that same beautiful smile. It wasn't a normal, innocent smile...the ends of his lips were curled into a smirk.

And she knew the reason why.

Link had the flower she had placed behind his ear in his right hand. He twisted the stem of the beautiful flower in his hand, causing it to twirl in the sunlight. For the first time, he must of been deep in thought.

'Was...he thinking about me--
No...probably not.'

Zelda kept her smile.

She grinned from ear to ear of the thought of Link recapping today's events in his mind

She didn't want to make it clear she saw because she didn't want to embarrass him.
But she also wished to one day know what he was thinking. It was obviously something good if it made him out of everyone smile.

'How sweet.'

But what caused her smile to fade was the fact that tomorrow could be the opposite of today. She didn't know what to do.

She looked at the ground. Unsure of what to do for tomorrow.

'Maybe another day....of this wouldn't hurt?'

Zelda placed her index finger on her forehead as she closed her eyes.

'What has gotten into me..?..'

Zelda took a deep breath and returned her hand to her side. She had realised their current location. They continued to walk down the path, but this time a different one. They strolled past the tree they had been at before....it was the tree they had taken pictures at.

Her small smile had returned. She once again glanced at Link. This time he looked up back at her. Maybe he realised she had seen him smile?....But either way, his smile was no where to be found.

Her face went back to neutral. She was glad that she had witnessed his...'interesting' smirk before he wiped it clean off of his face... but she already missed his smirk, she wished to see it again but felt stupid to think like that.

Zelda noticed Hyrule castle in the distance. There were less and less of trees on each side of the path as they walked.

Another calming breeze gushed through Zeldas face, causing her long, soft hair to gently fall behind her back.

Her mind was at ease. Whatever she decided to do now and tomorrow... wouldn't be a problem, right?

Time had flied and they continued to walk past, avoiding the hectic, late afternoon of Hyrule town. They took a different, more narrow path and entered Hyrule castle.

As they entered, they walked through the halls of the silent, eerie castle, and every step they took sent echoes bouncing off the polished, stone walls.
They both heard a discussion in one of the rooms, Zelda made sure to be as silent as she could to not disturb her Father's daily meeting.
But at the same time, it was so silent you could hear a pin drop.

They both went up and up the steps leading to an endless hall of rooms.

They had made it to the outside of both of their chambers. Zelda didn't know why she had taken them to rest, when it wasn't even that late, but her mouth seemed to know why.

"I figured we better take a rest from all that walking. I know it isn't even that late but I want you to get just as much Privacy as me. You are a person after all."

She could tell Link appreciated what she had just said from his expression. She could also tell he approved because her room was her privacy room after all, and it was right next to his. If it was a different room, she knew he would of followed along. It was his job after all.

"Well...I hope you get some rest. We should end this day here. I'll see you...tomorrow.."

Zelda looked up at Link with another small smile. She noticed he had returned the flower behind his pointed ear, just like she had put it first.

Then, she turned around as quick as possible because she felt her rosy cheeks burn up once again just by the sight of him.

As usual, she didn't see Link's reaction but all she knew was that Link waited for her to head inside, just when Zelda had slowly opened the door, she faced Link for the final time.

"I hope we can take another walk tomorrow..."

...

'Maybe one more day of 'this' wouldn't hurt.'

...

And after that, Link looked at her with a surprised expression as she waved goodbye and closed the door.

She leaned onto the other side of the door. She felt her heart in her throat. Once she had heard his door close a few seconds after, Zelda placed her basket by the door and flopped on her bed and mumbled...

"I'm doomed."

...

End of chapter 13

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Published:27/12/20
Written:26/12/20

The image at the top could be what u picture when Zelda looks at him ;)
If u can't see, click the pic, depends on the device.
Thanks for OVER 400 views in less than a week! I try return the support and love!