Chapter 11-An innocent stroll

Zelda

'We both walked down a path. It was different to the last one we had taken before. Of course Link followed behind...with this same distance between us. I feel like it would always be this way. I might as well try..even if it's just for a day...and who knows, maybe my small dislike for him will grow or possibly...disappear.'

Zelda watched the trees slightly swing from side to side with the wind. The sun gave her a warm hug. She felt relaxed. And who wouldn't?

She didn't think much of all this. It was only an innocent stroll, right?

Zelda admired the views from time to time. It was good for her to relax once in a while and not stress over minor things.

"..The views from here are so beautiful."

And as she said that, Zelda took a quick, casual glance at Link behind. And as soon as she did... his eyes were on her first.

She quickly faced back to the direction she was going in.

'Of course he's behind. I don't even need to check.

But I can't help it. All this since I met him, feels so unreal. It hasn't even been long since I appointed him as my personal knight.'

Zelda sighed. They walked a bit more and she enjoyed the frequent breeze as always.

A few minutes later

Both of them continued to walk. Zelda hadn't realised all the time they were spending by just walking.

Of course to her, it felt so natural.

Zelda started humming her mother's lullaby naturally. She slowly shut her eyes and all her negative thoughts began to disappear slowly...well at least for the moment.

She held her empty basket in her right hand and was lightly swaying to the rhythm with it.
She had almost forgotten that Link was behind, and when she did, she did not feel embarrassed. She just continued.

Every few moments the sun peeked through the trees and onto her relaxed face as they walked. The trees as usual, gently swayed in the wind while the wind whistled peacefully. Small pines and leaves crunched under their feet and Zelda still hummed softly.

Her worries began to fade as she listened to the wildlife, she heard beautiful, harmonious birds chirping. Then she listened carefully to the melodies of the wind and trees once again.

She felt a crisp leaf lightly tap her cheek as it flew past.

Zelda slowly opened her eyes.

'This is all very peaceful. I hope Link finds it peaceful too.'

Zelda stopped humming and examined her surroundings.
The path was still in the middle of the pleasant forest.

'Well, as long as we're still on the path. We should be fine.'

Zelda noticed a few things in the distance. There was a very tiny farm.

From what Zelda could see, there was a large, red barn...it looked very old and she had noticed that most of the paint had peeled off, revealing a few cracks in the original, tarnished, white colour. Although they were quite far from it, she could see a lot of noticeable things. She could just about see a little bit of crops in the distance, surrounded by a wooden, home-made fence.
Close to the barn was a small, snug-looking house too and there was also a small bit shelter, and what she assumed was for the owners horse.