Chapter 2-The Ceremony

Zelda

"Zelda?" This time another voice came from the door, along with two light and short knocks.

Zelda jolted slightly at the sudden voice and spun her head facing the door, while her hair lightly flicked behind her. Zelda wasn't deep in that much thought at this moment but she was certainly thinking about a lot quietly to herself.
"Your majesty? May I come in?" Asked the polite voice, waiting for permission behind the door.
But as she recognised the voice, she smiled in relief.

"Of course, Miss Catherine." Zelda replied, still smiling softly.
The door knob turned as Zelda waited for Catherine to arrive. "And no need for formalities." She added while taking a few steps towards the door, with the dress still clutched in her hands.

Came in, was a middle aged woman. She wore what most maids wore...but a little more of colour to make her more recognisable...due to the fact that her role was a little more important compared to the other maids. She was the main maid and carer for Zelda. In a way, she was her personal maid.

She wore a beautiful red ribbon tied around her collars of her white, frilly shirt. The rest of her outfit was royal blue with a white apron, with added red lining and a hint of green. That was her maid outfit.

And all neatly ironed with no dirt or crease to be found. The colours stood out and Catherine was well respected for her role. And you could tell she would never change her job, not even for the whole of Hyrule.

She took pride in her job. She also wore the well known colours of Hyrule.

Along with this role, also came a burden, Catherine would hate for Zelda to be hurt in any way in the castle. She would blame herself since she was in charge of Zelda. Zelda knew it deep within her heart and never wanted to trouble Catherine. She too, had a big amount of respect for her. All these years of sticking by her side and comforting her had meant a lot to Zelda and her heart.

She had small, deep green hazel eyes that were glistening in the sunlight coming from the window. She had straights medium-brown hair in a high pony tail, with a delicatley added maid head piece that was also white, just like her apron. Zelda found everything from the way she dressed, talked and even to the way she acted..all very beautiful.
Even if Catherine would complain about her getting to an old age or noticing any slight wrinkles from overworking...Zelda would still view and value her exactly the same.

She was a little younger than what Zelda's mother would of been right now. Before Zelda's mother had sadly passed away, everyone was in a deep misery, Catherine and her were both very close and she had a role to look after the Queen at the time.
Catherine knew there was nothing she could do to bring back the Queen but always thought about if there was something she could of done better. Zelda had similar thoughts and had known her since she was little. Catherine did not wish to lose Zelda too, so she tried her best to aid her, guide her, and most importantly...love her.

Zelda always knew...there was just something about her. Her warm, loving smile, to the gentle way she'd treat Zelda all the way to her sweet and soothing voice. The death of her mother caused them both to deeply trust and care for one another. They both knew her and grieved inside while trying to make the other feel okay.

"Zelda. Your Father has requested for you to help organise the Ceremony to your liking." She said, looking at Zelda happily, who was still not in her ceremonial, royal blue dress.