Chapter 1

She scraped her fingers roughly through her hair for the millionth time inflaming her scalp to irritation.
"But daddy! You didn't do it! There has to be some way to prove your innocence here!" Isabelle said frantically as she flipped through the numerous pages of her father's jumbled notes of the accounts for the billionaire typhoons company, Mason Enterprises.
"I-I made it so believable for them that I am accountable for the stolen money! Just think about it Belle, I specifically ask to work by myself! I'm the only one with all the account numbers! I refuse to be a part of their large board meetings. Marcel Mason is convinced it's me!" Julien, Isabelle's father shouted in a panic.
Julien Le Fleur is Mason Enterprises' sole account. It's an overwhelming task to handle all the clients' accounts and keep track of the multiple billions of dollars, but Julien had requested it to be that way due to his severe anxiety disorder.
"Daddy! Think! Was there any trail to show where the money went? Who did it?" Belle asked him again but stopped when she heard his irregular shortened breathing. He had gone into a full-blown panic attack holding his head in his lap while every limb trembled.
"N-no! I-I didn't see anything! But I didn't get through all the accounts before Marcel threw me out! I need to finish my work, Belle! I-I-I can't function if I can't f-fin-finish!"
"It's ok, Daddy. Breathe! Just breathe!"
"I-I-I-I d-didn't d-do it Belle! I-I didn't take the money!" Her father said as his breathing quickened.
"I know you didn't! We need to find out who did!"
"I don't have access anymore. Marcel kicked me out and is threatening to publicly accuse me for everything. The media is already attacking Mason Enterprises knowing their clients aren't happy with the suspicious loss of seventy million dollars!"
"Daddy! Calm down! Everything will be ok." Belle tried to console him.
"I'm afraid it won't, Belle. Marcel always sees that a job is done. I'm afraid I will be publicly shamed, even more than I already am. I'm such an embarrassment to you and now I'll leave you with nothing but a scorned name."
"Don't you talk like that, Daddy!" She cups his wrinkled face and lifts his heavy head to her eyes.
"You're the most brilliant man I know and I love you. You're my father and I could never be ashamed of you!"
"I couldn't ask for a better daughter than you, my beautiful rose flower!"
"I'm a Le Fleur, just like you and I always will be!" She sweetly kissed his forehead but still saw the shame and worry in his eyes.
"Why don't you sit down with me and talk me through whatever it is I need to know. I'm going to go to Mason Enterprises myself and explain how you're innocent."