Chapter 11

"Good morning, I hope I didn't wake you." Jackson stood outside her door with a twinkle in his eye that woke every sensation in her sleepy eyes.
"Umm, n-no. I-I was awake," she said, quickly combing through her bed hair trying to make herself look more presentable. While she stood still in her pajamas, Jackson was already looking dashing as ever wearing another fancy jet black suit that fit him to perfection.
"Can I show you something now?" he said with a glistening smile.
"Sure." She reached for her silk robe and swung it over her shoulders. Electricity shot through the tips of her fingers the second he gently grabbed her hand and slowly led the way down the hall.

She stopped in her tracks and her hand slipped from his causing him to halt in his stride and look back at her. Her face was dumbfounded when she realized he was walking her down the west wing where she knew he told her not to go.
"It's ok. Come on," he reached for her hand again and they continued on their way until they were outside the door that she knew the piano was in.
"I-I don't understand why you're bringing me here?" she hesitantly asked Jackson but he just flaunted a full smile.
"Close your eyes."
"What?"
"Please, just indulge me and close your eyes," he kindly asked her. She gave him a skeptical look but the smile never faded from his face. She finally gave in, closing her lids and he took her hand and led the way inside the room. She never stumbled in her steps, relying completely on Jackson to guide her and he didn't falter. 
"Ok...open your eyes."
He stood there in awe watching her eyes open and take in the sight that he hoped would fly her heart to the moon. Her mouth dropped open and her eyes softened at the sight around her. She was so beautiful he knew he would replay this moment in his mind for the rest of his days.
"Y-you did this? F-for me?" She could hardly collect herself to find the words she was so utterly speechless.
"Do you like it?" he shyly asked.
Like it, she thought as she slowly spun around again taking in the most glorious place she's ever seen. The workers, the painting, the construction noises she heard over the last few weeks were all for this.
All for her.
"Jackson! I-I love it!"

Jackson had converted his once dark-colored ominous music room into a brightly white-painted library. From floor to ceiling on all four walls were built-in bookshelves already holding the maximum amount they could hold. The windows and doors had been stripped entirely of curtains letting the room flood with the glistening hues of the sun. In the center was a comfortable sofa and coffee table with soft bright pillows, blankets, and a tea set already set up for her.
"Are those-?" she began to question seeing a vase on a reading table filled with luscious long vines of red roses.
"Yes," he answered without her finishing. "You brought them all back to life and if it brings you joy tending to them, then I won't keep you from it."
"I-I didn't know it was your mother's greenhouse, Jackson. If you don't want me in there I totally underst-," she tried to reason with him but he shook his head with a sincere smile.
"I don't mind at all, really."
"I-th-thank you!" she burst from excitement taking a closer look around the room. She grazed her fingers along all the lines of books on the shelves. Realizing each shelf was filled with brand new editions of her favorite authors and more. Every book ever written by Jane Austen, all the works from Shakespeare as well as Charles Dickens. He had thought of everything she might possibly be interested in, including Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell, Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak, and of course the one she mentioned, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë.

Before she could lift her eyes away from the books, Jackson quietly spoke.
"I'm glad. I'll leave you be then," with a small smile he turned to exit the door. Just as he let go of the frame , Belle reached out her hand and grabbed his.
"Why? Why did you do this for me?" She needed to ask and Jackson finally met her eyes. She had never noticed the gentle chocolate hues of his irises and he beamed a genuine smile that could make her melt.
"I just...didn't want you to hate it here, or hate me I guess." She kept her eyes on him even after he looked down at the floor shyly and she believed his answer was true.
It wasn't some act to make him out to be a saint. For once, he was actually trying to make an effort at being thoughtful and kind to her. After a moment of silence between them, he began to take his exit again.
"Wait," she called out to him again and he turned around at the threshold of the door.
"I-" she hesitated in her words, not wanting to upset Jackson and change his gentle mood but she knew his business today had to do with Andre and after Jackson had been so kind to her, she felt it was only right to warn him.
"I think you should be careful...with Andre. I know you're seeing him tonight and...I don't think he has the best intentions with doing business with you." She held her breath bracing for impact but Jackson just stood there calmly admiring Belle with a smile on his face.
"Thanks for having my back."