Chapter 18

"Belle," Jackson gently caressed up and down her arms to stir her awake from his chest.
"I thought you'd want to see the city from the sky before we land."
She was beginning to stir awake but once he said those words, her body immediately shot up to look out the window. Her reaction stirred a deep laugh from his chest as he watched her turn into one of her childish yet eager students with her eyes beaming excitement as she looked out the window.
"It's still very cloudy, unfortunately," he added not wanting to get her hopes up too far but it already had. As the jet slowly moved past every thick cloud in the sky, she could catch a glimpse of the foggy land below. The dim lights that faded against the early morning rising sun.
"Gosh, I bet it's even more spectacular with clear skies," she said wishing the weather had been on her side. She jumped back in his arms at the sound of strange mechanical noises within the plane.
"It's just the gears bringing the wheels out to come in for a landing," he reassured her as he held her in his arms. Her body was still warm from his earlier touch when she slept against him for the last hour and a half while he quietly gazed down on her, watching her sleep peacefully.
"Look, there's the Eiffel Tower," he brought her attention back to the window and she pried herself from his arms like a child once again. Her nose practically touching the glass of the window trying to get as close as possible to it.
"Wooooow!" she let out a breath with her exclaim before she covered the gaping hole of her mouth.
"I can't believe I'm really here!" she mumbled against her palms, looking back at Jackson who flaunted a glorious smile.

He held her close in his arms until the jet made its final descent and landed safely on the runway. From there he never let go of her hand until they were in the backseat of a car being taken to the hotel. Belle stared out the window the entire time. The streets were soaked with rain and not a single person was out. It was only the wee hours of the morning, too early for the Parisian lax lifestyle. Once they arrived at the hotel, there was staff already expecting them. They waited on their hand and foot with umbrellas ready to catch any lingering drops of rain; they carried their bags to their room, being properly greeted by every staff member they passed. She felt like a Queen hanging on the arm of the almighty King.

"Bonjour Mr. and Mrs. Mason," the butler escorting them to their suite greeted in a heavy French accent; made Belle feel even more on cloud nine that she was really in Paris.
"I am François Lumière, your butler during your stay with us."
"Thank you so much, François," Belle greeted.
"It is my pleasure to serve you, Madame. Here, is your suite."
He swung open the door and Jackson didn't seem phased, but Belle on the other hand, was flabbergasted. It was the top floor presidential suite of the hotel and a corner unit as the room was entirely open with a sitting area and grand dining table that overlooked a wall of floor-to-ceiling windows. The view overlooked the Seine river and standing prominently in front of her eyes was the Eiffel Tower soaring high into the clouds. Belle was absolutely speechless as she walked towards the window and Jackson knew by now her look of quiet astonishment. He tipped François a hundred dollar bill and received a gracious butlers bow with a sincere "Merci beaucoup, Monsieur!"

Jackson walked over to the window where Belle was still in her trance and wrapped himself around her from behind. Taking her hand in his and extending her pointer finger out he narrowed his eyes and pointed to sites from a distance.
"Right down there is The Arc de Triomphe, one of the most famous monuments in Paris." He moved her finger to point out another landmark.
"Over there is The Louvre, the world's largest art museum, another historic monument of Paris." Moving her finger again as he inched his body a little closer, he continued speaking softly next to her ear.
"And there, all within walking distance to the Eiffel Tower is Champs-Elysées. Known as the world's most beautiful Avenue; with gardens and fountains, splendid architecture. There are luxury stores if you want to go shopping, five-star restaurants, prestigious theatre entertainment, and more museums and monuments."
"It's all so unbelievable, Jack." She shook her in amazement before letting her heavy tired head rest against his chest as his arms were still cocooned around her. 
"I have some business meetings to attend today and tonight's our dinner meeting with a client, but after that, I'm free to do whatever it is you want to do. We can even take a boat cruise to see sites along the Seine River I'd you'd like?"
She lifted her head and turned to look at him with a pouting look on her face.
"I have to choose? That's going to be impossible!" He gently laughed and took her hand, bringing it up to his lips for a kiss.
"Then we'll have to see it all, and come back if we run out of time." She smiled bashfully at his charm. "Let's get some sleep and you can decide later."