Chapter 6

She woke up to the unfamiliar scent of her pillow, in an unfamiliar room in an unfamiliar man's house. Her bedroom was absolutely gorgeous, luxury to the finest detail that any woman would die for. But as she stood in the middle of the room looking around to the place she'd now call home, she couldn't help but burst into tears. Placing her hand over her mouth to silence her cries until her body gave way and slumped down against the wall, curling her legs into a ball on the floor. She looked at her finger and saw the diamond ring that blinded her eyes. But this wasn't how her fairytale was supposed to go. This wasn't the Prince Charming she was meant to marry today. And apparently, Belle wasn't the woman that Jackson wanted to marry either.

She walked down the aisle without her father to give her away, something she'd always dreamed of. Instead, she walked alone trying to hide behind the veil she wore as she felt the glares of every spectator. Their silent speculations and scrutiny. She didn't need to hear their thoughts as their eyes said it all. Exactly the same as the women in the dress shop. Jackson Mason would never marry someone as average as her! And they were right. It was all a pack of lies.

"I, Jackson, take you, Isabelle Rose Le Fleur, to be my wedded wife. I promise to stay by your side, in sickness, and in health, in joy and in sorrow, as well as through the good times and the bad. I promise to love you without reservation, comfort you in times of distress, and share with you in times of joy. I promise to always be open and honest with you, and cherish you for as long as we both shall live."
Belle sniffled back tears as they kept creeping through. She thought to herself as he spoke those vows, "in sickness and in health..." he didn't care for her. If she were ever ill, he would probably just leave her by the side of the road like rubbish.
"I, Isabelle, take you, Jackson Allard Mason, to be my wedded husband. I promise to stay by your side, in sickness, and in health, in joy and in sorrow, as well as through the good times and the bad. I promise to love you without reservation, comfort you in times of distress, and share with you in times of joy. I promise to always be open and honest with you, and cherish you for as long as we both shall live."
"Your wedding ring is a symbol of your promise to one another. The ring, an unbroken, never-ending circle, is a symbol of committed, unending love," the minister said as they both slid the wedding bands on each other's fingers.

Jackson lifted her veil and she noticed he looked just as saddened as she was. His emotions that he kept deep inside she tried to read yet couldn't. His eyes looked sincere as they gazed into hers and her body tingled to his touch as he caressed her cheek, hearing the final words,
"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."
Their kiss as husband and wife looked tasteful and loving from the outside but felt deceiving to Belle yet captivating all at the same time. She knew he had a power over her not just by legal documentation but a force that pulled her in. Just his kiss alone, although a facade felt hungry and lustful and reeled her in like a drug. She enjoyed it just as the last time and wanted more but she realized what that would do. As his tongue was forcing access to her mouth, she pulled back and the crowd erupted in claps and cheers for the happy newlyweds.

The rest of the night was a blur of being congratulated by guests Belle had no idea who they were. Her face hurt from plastering on a smile for all the photos they would purposely leak to the media. She stood with Jackson having to answer the demanding and demeaning questions the paparazzi spat with each camera click.
"Why did you decide to get married?"
"Belle, are you in it for the money?"
"Jackson, did you knock her up?"
She was surprised when he answered for them both, sounding genuine and just as offended as she was.
"We married simply because we love each other. She changed the man in me and I can't imagine living without her."
For a moment, she enjoyed the lies. She loved the way he said those words and she beamed a smile of pride at her husband, enjoying being his and him being hers even if it only lasted a moment in the eyes of the press.