Chapter 2

Mason Enterprises is a real estate company that buys and sells multi-million dollar plots of land to subdivide into commercial properties or develop into luxury hotel chains, condominiums, or resort-type facilities. Founded by Robert Mason who became a self-made billionaire with the company thriving and taking ownership of many properties throughout the city.
When Robert Mason died a few years back, the company's reigns were handed down to his one and only son, Jackson. The family empire had flourished even more bringing incredible wealth and possibilities to the city despite Jackson Mason being known for his ruthless ways and beastly reputation. The media thrives off Jackson being rude, arrogant, and cutthroat in the business world as well as a vain playboy who seems to have any woman's panties dropping at his feet. Jackson is power and money hungry and it's Marcel Mason, Robert Mason's brother, and the only family Jackson has left who handles most of the company's business affairs as well as tries to keep Jackson out of the press and somewhat in line.

Belle's taxi cab pulled up the enormous skyscraper towering high into the clouds and her stomach tied together in nervous knots. She took a deep breath and forced her feet to move through the glass revolving doors. Taking the elevator to the top floor, it opened up to posh marbled floors and sophisticatedly tall white walls.
"Hello, I'm here to see Mr. Mason," she said stepping up to the receptionists' desk.
"He's busy," the gorgeous woman replied with a snarl in her voice.
"My father is Julien Le Fleur. I think Mr. Mason will want to have a word with me." Belle tried to hold her head up high but the second she mentioned her father's name, the office got so quiet, she heard a pen drop behind her. All their eyes were on her, already knowing the scorned accusations of her father with the company.
"Oh, well then, Mr. Mason's office is down the hall, second door on the left," she explained as she pointed. "And be sure to knock first. He was, or is, still finishing up with someone," the receptionist said with a smirk on her lips.

Belle followed the checkered marble squares down the hall but along the way she got distracted with portraits along the corridor walls. First was a picture of Robert Mason. She only knew because there was a plaque below the portrait that told her so. He was an older man with a cold, fake smile on his face. The second picture was of Jackson Mason. Again the plaque had confirmed it but Belle had seen him before in the tabloids always being shown for his reckless behavior. The picture of him made her halt her steps as she stared at him. His face was stiff and he didn't even bother to flaunt a smile at all. His face was cold and his dark eyes were raging with hatred and also sadness. She pitied him wondering why and how someone who seemed to have it all, could be so angry and sad.

As she approached a tinted glass door down the hall that was labeled Mr. Mason, she didn't think twice, and just before she placed her knuckles on the door to knock, she heard him shout from inside "Come!" It immediately startled her but she assumed the receptionist had phoned him that she was on her way. She took a deep breath to find her confidence and opened the door, stepping through.
"Oh my god!" she gasped with her mouth dropped open when she locked eyes on the beast himself. Although, it wasn't his face that greeted her. It was his perfectly flexed, toned, and tan bare ass that had her eyes glued. With his suit pants dropped to his ankles and a woman who was splayed out on his desk with only her stiletto heels visible as her legs were wrapped tightly around Jackson's waist while he fucked her, hard and fast.
"Oh yes! Jackson! Right there!" the woman shouted not hearing Belle enter the room as her moans were too loud. But Jackson heard and he whirled his head around, outraged.
"What the fuck? GET THE FUCK OUT!"
In a frenzy, she quickly walked backward, somehow unable to peel her eyes away from the despicable sight as she shut the door and found herself standing in the hallway appalled.
"Any matters on Julien Le Fleur go directly to me and me only!" She heard another angered masculine voice down the hallway.
"Yes, sir. Sorry, sir," the receptionist said following quickly behind him.
"Is this her? Miss Le Fleur?" he called out to Belle in question.
"Y-yes," she said still in shock.
"Trying to snoop your way through the office for your father, are we?" the gray-haired man accused.
"No."
"Of course not," he said with sarcasm. "Step into my office, please."
There was politeness in his voice yet he seemed as shrewd and demanding as Jackson.