twenty | ❝you look dead.❞

❝She's a good girl whose favourite things are bad

She's a good girl whose favourite things are bad.

☀︎︎

ANNA PACED ABOUT her room, worried and tensed. She would have to call Zach and Tia now. There was no way out for them anymore. She had to make them meet. Maybe it would increase the authenticity of her lie and also make Harry trust her more. That was definitely a small plus, wasn't it?

She was biting on her already stumped nails when Harry sauntered in. He thrust his hands in his pockets and stood at the doorframe for a good minute, just watching Anna. She continued pacing about the dim room, completely unaware of Harry's presence.

Finally, having been ignored for too long, Harry gently cleared his throat. "If you keep doing that, you'll wear a hole in the carpet, Bermuda."

"Fuck, oh my god!" Anna screamed, jumping back lightly. 

She looked disheveled and tired. Her normally bright green eyes were dark and sad. Her usually alert and agile posture now slumped and he could see the dejection in her from miles away. He knew he shouldn't cross any boundaries but he couldn't help himself either.

Harry reached out to her, concerned. He ran a finger along her cheekbone and whispered, "Bermuda? What's wrong?" His silky smooth voice was rough around the edges. His eyes never left her face, encouraging her, pushing her, to open up to him.

Harry's power of persuasion was stronger than Anna's iron clad will. She felt herself giving in, giving up. She did not want to be so weak. But how could anyone who was sane, ask her to ignore the raw plea in his eyes?

Anna's heart was beating faster with each passing minute. She was going against her training, her will, her mission, her orders. And all for what? 

For a guy with honey coloured eyes who would probably kill her with his bare hands when he knew who she really was. He would be cold and unforgiving and she couldn't blame him.

She was here under strict orders to arrest Florian and extract information on him. But what was she really doing? Breaking some random guy's walls down? Hanging out with his crew? Participating in his heist? Making amends with a godforsaken agent?

And worst  of all, going on a double date with an accused and her stand by federal agents.

It's official, she thought, I'm dead.

"Earth to Bermuda?" Harry said, snapping his fingers in front of Anna's pale and blank face.

"Oh, yes, hi. What?" Anna blinked, her hazy gaze focusing on Harry's, who looked as confused as he was amused.

"Okay, I think I know what this is about," he said, seriousness dripping from every syllable.

Anna was stunned at the sudden shift in his tone and her heart leapt to her throat. "You- you do?" She asked, shakily.