two | ❝this is something else.❞

❝I keep it all inside because I'd rather the pain destroy me, than everyone else

I keep it all inside because I'd rather the pain destroy me, than everyone else.

☀︎︎

HARRY WOKE UP to an obnoxious ringtone playing in the early hours of the morning. He uttered a string of colourful, unprintable words and turned around to see a beautiful blonde lying next to him.

She stirred a little but Harry quickly shut his phone down. He couldn't risk her getting up and catching hold of him. She would only try to hold him back and play the whole 'stay-with-me' card.

He closed his eyes. 'Remember, this is all for a bigger catch. The biggest score of your life,' he reminded himself.

He got out of the bed reluctantly, mentally aching to go back to the soft and delicate bed. He sighed and went to wash himself up in the washroom.

His hand reached out to grab his toothbrush but his hand flapped against thin air. Momentarily confused, he tried again, only to look up and see his face being reflected on a black marble framed mirror. With a sigh, he realized, that he wasn't at home.

Harry washed himself up in a matter of minutes and moved back into the room. The woman was still asleep, snoring lightly. Scrunching up his freckled nose, he worked his way stealthily next to her and grabbed her purse off the nightstand.

He rummaged around and discarded the mints, lipsticks, and eyeliners. He pulled out the debit cards, a glittering diamond necklace, and a wad of cash. With an evil grin, he looked down at the woman and stuffed the items in an inconspicuous bag.

Daddy wouldn't mind if his princess lost a few debit cards and a diamond necklace on a one night stand, would he?

He shrugged on a black shirt and gathered his tie and socks which lay scattered about. He bent down to pull them on and as he did so, his shirt clung to the perfectly sculpted angles of his body.

His dark hair glowed in the dawning light and he looked like the devil — if the devil had to go about a morning routine. With one last smile, he stalked out of the room, closing the door lightly behind him.

He pressed the elevator button and stood waiting while whistling. Looking up to see the number on the lift panel, he noticed that it read 'Floor 50'. Harry groaned and punched the button repeatedly, hoping it would hurry up and cover the next 37 floors in a second.

He couldn't wait to get out of here, have his second-in-command, Mark, transfer the money to his innumerable untraceable accounts and get ready for the biggest heist of his life. Something that his mortal life depended on.

But that would have to wait. He uttered a few curses and turned swiftly around to take the stairs. As soon as he rounded the corner towards the stairs, he heard the ding of the elevator. Scrunching up his face in irritation, he ran back and rushed inside, nearly crashing into a small petite woman.

He blinked from the impact of rushing into the elevator and stepped back. But before he could get away at a comfortable distance, the woman grabbed a hold of his collar and pulled him towards herself.

She was small, shorter than him. Her emerald eyes sparkled under the harsh elevator lights. He didn't think it would be possible but with every floor they crossed, she seemed to become more striking. Her rich dark hair was up in a messy bun, but a few strands of it decided to fly about her face.

He would have continued acting as if a cat had gotten his tongue if not for her stealing his attention. Again.

She brought him barely near her lips as she whispered sweetly, "Do that again and I'll break your bones." She fluttered her eyelashes, sardonically and pushed him away with surprising strength.

Stunned, he gaped at her, eyes wide with astonishment as he tumbled towards the other end of the elevator. She dusted off her fingers and leaned back. No one had ever spoken to him with an arrogance as annoying as hers. He was the one doing the talking. And he had to take back control.

He inclined his head to one side, studying her intently. He knew he was beginning to have an effect on her as she started fidgeting with her bracelet absentmindedly. "You like being a bitch, yes?" he smiled.

"To guys like you? Definitely," she said and dropped her hands only to pick them up again and start fidgeting. He crossed his arms across his chest and leaned back. She looked at him from under her eyelashes with a disgusted look plastered all over her face.

"You have a problem? With your expression, I mean. It is so lost that even Umbridge would look happier next to you," he said as he returned her disgusted face.

"Smart words coming from Voldy himself," she retorted.

He raised an eyebrow at her, clearly loving the worst conversation of her life. "Oh come on, I'm clearly Cedric. Don't fool yourself."

"Yeah, right. Last I checked, Cedric wasn't in line for biggest jerks in the world." Her fingers rapidly worked on her bracelet, which Harry found immensely amusing.

"Aw, stop with the modesty! I'd let you be the Cho to my Harry."

"You know they don't end up together, right?" She laughed, thinking she had finally found a one up over him.

"We could change that," Harry said, slyly. He didn't move from his corner of the elevator, but he could see the girl stiffen at the spine. She even stopped flicking her bracelet, but Harry couldn't figure out if that was a good sign or not.

She turned to him, ready with a lashing comment when the elevator reached the ground floor. The doors swung wide open as an automated voice interrupted whatever she was about to say.

'You are now at the lobby,' the voice announced, dryly.

She smirked, satisfied that she could finally leave the company of the horrible man in the elevator. She stalked out, towards the main gates, not forgetting to throw back a middle finger.

A little smile played on Harry's lips when he saw her do so. He watched her small frame pass by the glass doors of the hotel, into a black car waiting for her.

He mumbled under his breath, 'Now this,' he paused, only to remember her pulling him close, 'is something else.'

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━