thirteen | ❝thanks and fuck you.❞

❝He's the devil in disguise, I can tell by looking in his eyes

He's the devil in disguise, I can tell by looking in his eyes.

☀︎︎

OVER THE COURSE of the next three days, Harry introduced Anna to Jeremy and Noah. Jeremy was taking over the electronic aspect of the job along with Mark, who would also look over the transportation and weapons. Noah would be on the field with Harry, Anna and the last female recruit.

Jeremy and Anna got along great together, nerding out about supercomputers and satellites. Mark would join them too and soon it was Harry and Noah, sitting out in the cold. On one such occasion, Harry had even pulled Mark away and had hissed, "You. Stay with me."

Noah was the quiet but full of trouble kind. He had pulled at least seven different pranks on Anna and Harry had enjoyed them all a bit too much. He had dark brown eyes which matched the colour of his hair and a jawline that could give Adonis a run for his money. Noah did look like the guy-next-door but his calm and scary attitude skyrocketed his charm.

Harry had caught Anna staring at Noah subconsciously and he had felt a deepening distaste for Noah even after the legendary pranks he pulled. On this particular day, he wasn't feeling any more generous either.

"Guys, what the hell? You've littered the whole lobby with empty packets and cans," Harry sighed. "What impression do you think she will have about us?"

Mark laughed and hi fived Jeremy. "You only care cause she's a girl."

"Wait, was he like this before I came in?" Anna asked, curiously.

"What, no, of course not. He was so quiet, I think he had forgotten that you were to come. In fact, he would have, if it wasn't for me bringing you in," Mark said, turning his attention to the computer in front of him.

"But I am a girl too, Harry, why not me?" Anna whined, pouting but a mischievous smile played on her lips.

"Let's just agree that he thinks he is out of your league, Ann," Jeremy said and fist bumped Anna before Harry could say a word.

"Sometimes I swear I have no idea why I hired you," Harry said, rolling his eyes.

At the exact same moment, Noah walked in, burritos in hand. "Anyone?" He held out five wraps, one for each of the people in the room.

Anna looked at him warily. She really did not want a water-laden wrap or one with huge jalapeños. Harry caught her eye and grinned. He understood what was going on in her mind.

Walking to where Anna stood, Harry said, "Well, we are starving. It's almost four and Jeremy finished off the last of our pizza."