xv

biiigg time gaps from now on, wanna end this before 35 chaps (hopefully) <//3

2017. 02. 14.

"thanks," renjun smiled at jeno who just handed him a box of chocolates.

valentine's day.

it was a very nice day. the weather was perfect. everything was just right for the couples to walk on a park, hand on hand.

but for renjun, who is single, and is currently on a one-sided love/like, he would wish for the weather to get rainy.

"you're welcome!" jeno retorted before hopping his way to chene to give him chocolates too.

since jeno said, 'we're all single here. here's some chocolates to sweeten our bitter lives!', he bought each of them a box of sweets.

i need a boyfriend, not goddamned chocolates.

then again, he can't have that. so renjun will just be thankful for the chocolates.

as usual, renjun made his way to the room to meet with mark when lunch came.

also, mark had the bulbs changed after new year. so they don't really have to worry about the darkness that engulfs the room.

they also kind of fixed it, setting all the stuffs at the corner, to have bigger space for them.

the moment renjun arrived, since mark got there first for an unknown reason, he had his eyes set on the box on the chinese's hand.

is that for me? mark thought, and hoped at the same time.

renjun sat at the floor across mark and slid the box to his side. "i can't finish it alone so have some," he said to the older.

opening it, mark asked with a chuckle, "why did you buy a box if you can't eat it alone?" he picked up one of the sweets and unwrapped it.

"i didn't. jeno gave it to me," renjun nonchalantly replied.

the chocolate was just a centimetre away from mark's lips but he quickly put it away when he heard what renjun said. "jeno? as in the trainee?"

renjun nodded and reached out for a chocolate, popping one into his mouth. "isn't he thoughtful?"

no, he's not just being thoughtful. why would he give you chocolates on valentine's day?

mark pocketed his hands on the center pocket of his hoodie. there he held the bar of chocolate he asked their manager to buy, using cravings as an excuse.

he shouldn't give it anymore. renjun has enough sweets for the day. and it's not even necessary, he just really had to think that he needs to give renjun one.

yes, dumbass. it's necessary for you because it's valentines and you like him.

mark was having a moral dilemma whether to still hand the chocolate or not.

he can just eat it by himself, if he's afraid it'll go to waste. but it's not even the price he payed he's shaming for, it's the thought that he gave renjun something on valentines is what counts.

"don't you want it?" renjun asked between his munching. when mark didn't answer him and only stared at the floor, renjun opened one for him and reached out for him. "here," he said.

when mark looked up, the chocolate was in front of his mouth. he glanced at renjun, then back to his hand. he doesn't want to eat something that jeno gave to renjun. but...

slowly leaning forward, mark bit into the chocolate.

renjun slowy blinked at what happened. he was expecting mark to get it from his hand, not to eat it at his hand.

"too sweet. don't like it," mark coolly said to disguise the fact that he's bitterly wondering what the hell jeno is to renjun, and vice versa.

renjun nodded, since mark may have different preferences over food. he ate the half of it and knotted his forehead when he saw mark smiling at him, "what?"

"nothing," mark bit his lower lip to refrain himself from smiling.

he must be really that whipped to be that happy just because renjun didn't even hesitate the food he already took a bite at.

just like the other days, the time flew fastly as the two spent time together. renjun wasn't able to eat even half of the chocolates because it was indeed very sweet. when the two had to leave, renjun holding into the knob to pull it open, mark stopped him.

fine, it's just a friendly gift. renjun wouldn't think too much about it, mark convinced himself about that.

he put the chocolate bar on renjun's hand. "happy valentines," he whispered, before opening the door and leaving renjun dumbfounded.

㊙️

if you know markren stories pls let me know🥺 ao3 fics and twitter fics are fine too!!