xxvi

im still obsessed with korea's 14th of every month events im sorry😭😭😭

full length chapter ahead! enjoy!

2017. 07. 14.

so he really is that serious with renjun, taeyong thought as he eyed mark beside him who can't keep his hands off the velvet ring case.

they were ten minutes earlier than the call time so the members were scattered across the practice room.

taeyong and mark sat side by side and mark has been dozing off since early that morning.

"you bugged me the whole day to accompany you and buy that. don't tell me you're hesitating to give it to him?" taeyong raised a brow.

last weekends, mark asked taeyong to come with him to the mall. he has to be with any member so it won't be suspicious that he's buying it for someone else. they can just pretend that he bought a couple ring for him and taeyong, if ever they bumped into any fans that day. luckily, they only saw some who are taking photos of them but didn't approach them.

it's the time of the month again. fourteenth of july. silver day. it's only normal for couples to exchange silver promise rings.

he's not hesitant. hell, he can't even wait to see renjun wearing the ring on his slender finger. he's just a little nervous.

mark kept the small box on his bag and stretched his arms upward. "no. i'll give it to him today," mark smiled.

the little kid that taeyong watched as he grew up and as he hit puberty– mark is not really a kid anymore. taeyong can't believe mark even beats him into finding someone he's already willing to promise forever to.

the day went painfully slow for mark– or maybe he's that looking forward to meeting renjun. but not on lunch time. mark messaged renjun to skip today and to just meet after practice at the rooftop.

as soon as they were dismissed, mark ran outside and hopped on an elevator. his other members looked at him weirdly while taeyong and jaehyun only suppressed their laughter. meanwhile, donghyuck, he didn't even threw mark a glance.

as mark wanted it, he arrived first. he just realized that he doesn't really like the thought of making renjun wait for him.

minutes later, renjun carefully opened the door and immediately smiled when he saw a familiar figure.

mark was leaning against the metal railings, sighting the city lights of seoul ahead of him. when he felt a presence beside him, he greeted renjun, "hey," he ruffled renjun's hair.

"did something happen? where were you this lunch?" renjun asked and bent down below mark's arm and went over so he would be caged between mark's arms.

"nothing. taeyong hyung just have something to discuss with me," mark lied and pinched the younger's cheeks.

renjun nodded and asked, "let's go? i'm planning to cook dinner for my dormmates."

"they get to eat your home made meal before me," mark puckered his lower lip.

"you didn't say you want me to," renjun chuckled.

enthusiastically smiling, mark said, "cook dinner for me."

with an eye roll, renjun flicked the older's forehead. "how am i supposed to do that? you're not allowed in my dorm, nor am i allowed at yours."

mark lowly groaned. their set up is nothing but bullshit. they can't even go on a date on broad daylight like a normal couple. well, they really aren't. unless they want to see their faces on news the next morning. an uprising member of sm boy group dating an sm trainee. just by that headline, it'll blow up.