xliv

2018. 07. 17.

and they kept jaehyun's words seriously. they stopped before they could do explicit things.

to make it less suspicious, jaehyun would be sleeping on taeyong's room and renjun would take his bed for the night (which he wouldn't really use because he's sure mark would insist on sharing the same bed).

renjun finished washing up, and mark lent him some of his clothes.

"cutie," mark pinched the younger's cheeks. he looks extra tiny with mark's shirt hanging on his narrow shoulder.

"you smell nice," renjun sniffed the sleeves of his oversized shirt. "i'll keep this shirt," he kidded.

actually, mark didn't mind even if he's serious. "sure," he smiled at him.

"i'm going to die if i stay another minute here," donghyuck commented from the side as he eyed the two in disbelief.

"can't wait," mark backfired.

renjun secretly pinched mark's side. "stop being mean," he muttered between gritted teeth to keep their conversations unheard by donghyuck.

"this is our love language," mark playfully said before pulling renjun to his bed.

"i'll turn off the lights, okay? don't be too loud!" donghyuck announced before dragging his feet towards the switch and turning it off.

tucking beneath the warm duvet, mark didn't miss to wrap his arm around renjun's waist and place a short kiss on his cheek, "good night."

with eyes closed, renjun softly replied, "good night..."

in cinderella's story, all magic ends once the hand of the clock morphs twelve.

and this story isn't much different.

in the comfort of renjun's warm body, mark fell into his deep and balmy sleep in a couple of minutes.

meanwhile renjun had his eyes closed, but he was not an inch close to sleeping. he was met with darkness as he keeps thinking and thinking and thinking.

is it the right thing to do? is he really saving mark if they break up? what would happen if they still try to fight against the world?

it's on repeat. his thoughts won't let him rest.

at the end, renjun fluttered his eyes open, the blank ceiling welcoming his sight. he can feel mark's breathe brushing against his neck.

renjun did his best not to wake mark up as he slowly move out of his grasp. renjun peeked at donghyuck's bed and found him soundly sleeping.

slipping on mark's house slippers, he cautiously tiptoed towards the door and went out.

with slow yet sure steps, renjun tried to make his way towards the bathroom. there weren't any light so he quite took some time. when he groped the doorknob that leads to the bathroom, he opened it.

but he didn't expect to see his senior, the physical embodiment of love, the idol of many trainees, the jung jaehyun, to be there— puffing a cigarette.