lv

hi its me again :(( i tried to join a pc claim for jeno's mfal pc but i didnt get it :(( im so so so sad idk why i badly want that :((

2018. 12. 24.

for the sixth time of the morning, mark didn't answer renjun's calls.

renjun sighed and pocketed his phone before looking outside the window of the taxi he's riding. he usually takes the bus and the train, but he couldn't sleep last night with the euphoric feeling he had the other day so he could only take a taxi if he doesn't want to be late.

his hand still shakes even by thinking that he heard his name on the final trainees. his heart couldn't stay still and it now looks forward to every second of  everyday-- where he's sure his efforts are being recognized.

it was nerve racking, and renjun couldn't stop rocking on his feet. his hands were politely clasped in front of him, and he secretly rubs his ring, as if it was some kind of  talisman that will bring renjun luck.

six out of seven were called. renjun closed his eyes tightly, bracing himself on what would happen next.

and maybe mark does bring him luck. because at last his name was mentioned and renjun swore his legs almost gave up.

the first thing he did after the announcement was to call mark. even when his friends were celebrating, he excused himself to call his boyfriend and to share the news.

he thought mark would feel proud, or just even just happy about him. or no-- he can just simply say congratulations and renjun's heart would surely melt. but no. all that mark could only answer him was, "i'll call you later. i'm busy."

and renjun would be lying if he'll say he didn't feel hurt or disappointed with the 'exact opposite of his expectations' reaction mark gave him. maybe he's just really busy, or is currently on a shoot, renjun convinced himself.

so he did wait. he waited for mark's i'll call you later. he spent the night waiting for mark's call, and of course, thinking of how things will be different now that he'll debut.

but then he ran out of thoughts, of scenarios of his debut he made up on his mind. yet mark's name never flashed on his screen. not even a message saying that he's tired and couldn't make a call.

it was close to four am when renjun realized he was waiting for nothing.

the next morning, he chose to be optimistic. he doesn't want to ruin his day that early. so he make himself believe that yeah, mark really just forgot and tried to contact him again. still, to no avail.

he arrived at the company building. after thanking the driver, he hopped off and went straight inside. he bumped with sungchan along the entrance (but who were they kidding, sungchan always waits for him in the morning) so they took the path together.

only the two of them were inside the elevator. sungchan was about to push the close button when a staff shouted them not to. the two bowed down at the staffs who entered the elevator. followed by the two staffs, was nct's head manager, and the person renjun couldn't reach to.

they were inside the building, but mark wore his cap and face mask as if a press would suddenly cause stampede just to have an interview with him. only his eyes could be visible, but renjun could even recognize even the tip of his fingers.

mark was in the corner, the staffs being in between him and renjun. he couldn't help but to steal glances at the canadian who had his head hung low. he's thinking why mark is being accompanied by the staffs alone, why his members are nowhere to be seen.