xl

2018. 07. 09.

instead of talking or doing whatever they usually do, mark and renjun are both busy scrolling through their phones, checking the latest news articles.

some were the news last night about the money exchange rates, about a robbing incident in gangnam, about a new upcoming drama. but early this morning, mark almost choked on his latte on the way to the company when he saw this one article.

"is this the time for me to say i told you so?" renjun broke the heavy silence inside the room as he puts down his phone.

mark sharply exhaled before keeping his phone. "it'll pass by," he nonchalantly replied. one has to stay calm between them. panicking would lead them to nothing good.

"mark, listen. let's just remove this ring."

what's the news about? it's about mark's ring. throughout their japan showcase tour, fans noticed at his fansite taken pictures that he wears the same ring all the time. it caught everyone's attention and it became the talk of their fans' social media, even finding out the mark wears it even at casual days.

and nctzens are known for what? yes, overanalyzing. but this time, their speculations were correct.

they concluded that it is a couple ring, also based on their researches. they found out the rings brand, its price. you know, normal fan things. and with that, comes this hypothesis: mark is dating someone.

which isn't a lie. but people doesn't need to know it's not a lie.

"i told you, it's just a rumor the fans started. it'll die down in a bit," mark countered. he already saw many tweets about him being paired with literally any girl group member out there.

mark is always optimistic, and renjun wants to be one too. but he's anxious for every move they make. he's not as brave as mark. "and if it doesn't? will you be able to take responsibility?"

responsibility. that made mark smack his lips into a thin line. he can't. if he ruins everything for him and for renjun, he won't be able to do anything.

it wasn't easy for mark to straight up say no. he couldn't bring himself to say no. that after all the things they went through, once things went south for them, he can do nothing but to watch. he has no power at all.

luckily, his cowardice towards that question was saved when his phone rang. it's from taeyong. he waited for the call to end, and as expected, a messaged followed after that. he's being called by their manager and it's obviously for his dating rumor. he harshly pulled his chair back and looked at his boyfriend, "they're looking for me. let's talk about this next time, okay?"

"what choice do i have?" renjun sighed and lazily leaned at the backrest of his seat. he woke up that morning thinking that it's just another normal day for him and for mark. well surprise, surprise.

it's not the best time to say it, but mark is afraid he won't get any chance to, "come over at our dorms at our anniversary. let's celebrate it there."

"with this issue? you still want to put ourselves at risk? no, thank you," renjun exasperatedly mumbled. he's got enough problems, and he won't run into fire anymore.

"taeyong hyung will take care of it. you don't have to worry about it, he'll make an excuse. just please, come, okay?"

he doesn't know. is it worth it? "i don't know, mark. just go," renjun closed his eyes. he's no longer in the mood to deal with anything.

renjun's heart felt heavy as he heard mark leave. everything was a mess for him. the other day his parents called him, asking if he's okay. asking if he's tired. because if he is, he can leave korea and just come back. they assured him that they'll always be proud no matter what his decision is.

truth is, renjun is tired. damn tired. it's been two years since he started being a trainee. sure, many trained for a longer period of time, but renjun thinks this is his extent. he can say he already did his best and even if he leaves, he'll have no regrets.

he has his parents approval. it's up to him now.

he misses his normal life. playing with his friends after school, having sleepovers at weekends, breathing freely without worries of did i do great at practice today? he wants to go back.

sure, being an idol is (or was?) his dream. but maybe he's better off as a university student getting drowned in school works.

the thing is... how about mark?

mark is now a big factor to his each and every life decisions. he can't just neglect the fact that mark is his boyfriend that he needs to leave too. but at the same time, he just can't hold a gist of how he should say it.

how should he put an end to everything?

㊙️

this will end sooooon

how do you think this would end?