xli

quick question: dojae, jaeyong or dotae?

2018. 07. 14.

"what the fu–"

when the first thing you see early in the morning at the kitchen is the counter filled with flour, sticky substances all over the floor and sink, and mark wearing his apron standing there all clueless, what would be your reaction except wtf?

"good morning!" mark cheerfully greeted johnny who was dumbstruck at the sight of the messy kitchen.

johnny carefully made his way towards the oven and peeped what's inside. it seemed like the canadian is baking. "taeyong, i thought mark shall not step in the kitchen no matter what?" he asked their leader who's mixing a batter at the side.

"you're making it sound like i'm that bad," mark huffed at him.

"dude, you're that bad."

"just let him be. he said he wants to learn how to bake," taeyong butted in.

mark asked him to help on baking a cake for renjun. at first he was hesitant because he's sure it'll be a disaster, but he can't say no to mark, can he?

he woke up early to start baking. it's quarter to lunch time and mark is at his second try because he burnt his first cake. in his defense, he thought any fahrenheit would do. if not for his patience, taeyong would've gave up at the canadian's wishes to bake renjun a cake. it's so frustrating to watch mark stumble around at the kitchen.

after taking out a carton of fresh milk from the fridge, johnny sarcastically chuckled, "what made you want to bake a cake? these days, you're so random."

"for ren–"

shit.

a slap at the back busted the impulsiveness of mark's mouth. "for reality shows! mark and i was talking last night about the future reality show the company might give us. and mark said he doesn't want to look like a cooking noob again so he wants to learn," taeyong cuts him off.

realizing that he almost slipped off, mark aggressively nodded to second the notion, "yes! reality shows, of course."

lately, mark was so absent minded. his thoughts are always flying off somewhere. he's worried about renjun. the chinese is quieter than usual– he's caged. mark asked him countless times what's wrong, but renjun won't say a word.

"if you say so. just make sure you don't blow the dorm up," johnny shrugged off before heading back to his room.

"what's wrong with you? you're always in a trance," taeyong shook his head at mark who almost made a big mistake.

mark sighed, maybe sharing what weighs his heart would make him feel better. "renjun. he seemed distant. i was pretty sure i didn't do something wrong, we fixed the dating rumors, what could be the reason for him to act that way?" he said in hopes of finding an answer from the older.

"really? the company turned down all the articles about you. he shouldn't worry about that anymore. or maybe he's just stressed. don't overthink about it," taeyong tried to console him, at least.

"you think so? i'm worried about him. that's why i want tomorrow to be so special. i want him to relax and just enjoy," mark sincerely said as he glanced at the oven where his second attempt cake is at.

cooking and baking is not his forte. but for renjun, he wants to try something new. he wants to give him something that he worked hard for.

taeyong smiled at the younger. he's glad mark is happy with renjun. he's glad that he didn't became a hindrance for the two's relationship. and he'll wish nothing but the best for them. "don't worry, i got it all covered. hyung is always going to help you, you know that, right?"

"of course. and i'm always thankful for you."

"how about me? i'd like some credits too," jaehyun suddenly came walking towards them in his tank top and sweat shorts.

mark laughed at him and threw him some of the flour scattered at the table counter. "i'm slightly thankful for you too," he kidded. but jokes aside, he thinks him and renjun won't make it this far if not for jaehyun's never ending advices. cupid, indeed.

"ungrateful brat," jaehyun sniggered. "i think it's good?" he pointed at the oven that's now turned off.

taeyong was the one to pull out the cake carefully. he puts it down at the table and checked if it's a pass or another fail.

"is it fine? do i need to make another one?" mark asked.

"it looks edible," jaehyun commented, judging the cake by its pretty decent looks.

per taeyong's assessment, "yeah, i also think it's good. let's proceed to frosting it. but first let me change my shirt, my sleeves keeps falling down," he pertained to his long sleeves that he's trying to fold up to his elbow but it still keeps falling.

mark nodded at him and fished out his phone. he wants to take a picture of the first progress of his cake. he kept finding the right angle. when he couldn't, he decided to move the cake itself. which he forgot, he's not wearing any pot holder. his palm went with a straight contact with the hot cake molder.

"shit!" he winced in pain, his phone slipping off his grasp with the sudden burning sensation with his left hand.

"stupid!" jaehyun rushed towards him and dragged him to the sink to put his hand under the running water. "be careful! this kid, really," he scoffed in worries at the younger.

it stings a little and there was already a building red patch on his palm. mark's eyes keeps batting as he endured the pain. how could he even forget to wear a potholder?

seconds after, taeyong's footsteps can be heard. "what's happening?" he squeezed himself between the two and almost yelled when he saw mark's hand. "oh my goodness! jaehyun, i left him with you for a minute!" he panicked.

"why is it my fault?" jaehyun offendedly asked.

"you should've watched him!" taeyong shouted as he tiptoed to reach for the medicine kit at the top of the counter.

watching the leader struggle, jaehyun hovered over him and reached out for it instead. "what, is he a kid or something?" he hissed and handed taeyong the kit.

"are you annoyed with me now?" taeyong raised a brow at the tone jaehyun just voiced out.

jaehyun threw his head back in frustration, "why are you picking a fight with me? i'm just saying, it isn't my fault why mark got burnt, okay? i'm not mad or annoyed at you," he exclaimed calmly in case taeyong misinterprets again.

"but you sound–"

before it gets more serious (which mark doubt would happen because taeyong and jaehyun never really fights for real), mark got in between them, "mom, dad, can you guys stop bickering? i'm fine. i just need a bandage. calm down, both of you."

"we're not your parents!" the two chimed.

"then stop acting like one. jesus christ, you fight like you're about to get divorced."

㊙️

ok a lil jaeyong (domestic jaeyong uwu) but oof dotae are still my parents