epilogue

let's pretend covid-19 didnt happen. enjoy!!!

r1se's zhou zhennan will have a cameo here (picture on the mm)!!

2021. 03. 01.

nct's mark announces departure from the group due to personal reasons

soompi.com/article/123456...

2021. 03. 27.

so this is how it felt like, mark thought as pulled down the visor of his cap to keep his identity hidden to anyone.

the group who held the concert were still performing and the arena was in the verge of breaking down with the ear-piercing cheer. mark didn't pay much attention. he's not here for them.

instead of performing on the stage, instead of the one being watched– mark was in the middle of the audience.

he glanced at the stage. so this is our fan's perspective, he voiced inside.

after minutes of watching group performances, finally, finally the person he's waiting for arrived.

mark waited for two hellish years just to see the person he promised forever to.

mark became patient and compliant to what the world wants him to be.

their shoes changed. mark was standing down the stage, looking up at him.

and renjun stood in the middle of the stage, a microphone made for him only is wrapped around his slender hand.

after two years, mark was able to hear renjun's voice again.

his eyes were bright, his smile still felt like a ray of sunshine, and his voice still soothes whatever problem mark has.

but his once muse is now in the arms of another man mark couldn't familiarize.

while singing, a man from behind appeared and snaked his arm around renjun's lithe waist.

renjun didn't react. he let the man touch him, as if it wasn't the first time.

mark's eyes squinted. he didn't fly from korea to china, asked an old friend to buy him a concert ticket, just to see renjun being touched the way mark touched him before.

he didn't suffer for two years just to see this bullshit.

his initial reaction was to rush to the stage and take renjun away from the one with the snaky hands (and maybe break his nose). but he wouldn't want to be on the article twice in a single month.

mark already left the group. and this time, he made sure, that renjun won't blame himself.

holding himself back, mark balled his fist. it's alright, it's just his co-singer with the fucking nerves to hold renjun, he thought.

he should focus at what's important.

taking back what is his in the first place.

he's at the side of the arena to not gain any attention but he suddenly got the guts to walk towards the front seats to drag renjun out.

but that's not the plan.

follow the plan, mark.