Track 1 : Caly

CALYPSO

CALYPSO

"Yessss!" I said. Giving Slim a round of applause, I cheered him on from the loveseat in the recording studio. The Engineer raised his thumb of approval and Slim grinned.

We had been working on his second mixtape for months and finally just finished recording it. I helped him write most songs, even a few in their entirety. That mixtape was not our first time working together, but it would be our first project. We spent hours of time we could've spent working on the creases in our relationship on that project. But, with our minds focused on helping each other pursue our dreams, we were willing to sacrifice our romantic life.

"I feel like I'm officially starting my career." He said while pushing the ignition button. As if he hadn't bust his ass to create his first mixtape all by himself. That was even before him and I met. I smacked my lips and gave him a side eye.

"Had you been listening to me, you'd realize you started a long time ago." I said. He connected his phone to the Bluetooth and one of his old songs called Time began playing. "See, all you gotta do is believe in yourself and things will happen in due time!" He didn't respond, but he knew I was right. And, he still asked me if I was hungry and we grabbed some Popeyes on the way home.

"Bless the bottle," Jason said. Jason was Slim's best friend. So close, they considered each other brothers. Jason visited us from our hometown in Michigan. He brought his girlfriend/babymomma Shayla with him. Jason passed the Dusse around and we all touched the lid, blessing the bottle. "Congratulations to ma brotha"

"Thank you, Bro." Slim said. They did their special dap and poured everyone a shot.

"This reminds me of old times," Jason said. Him and I both took our double shots to the head. Shayla was still babysitting hers and Slim was taking sips as usual. "We used to have the best double dates."

"Yeah, like that one time Caly got drunk as fuck off that Amsterdam and threw up out the car window as we drove on the highway." Shayla said. Everyone shared a laugh as we recalled the memory. I poured me another shot and Jason set his glass next to mine for me to pour him another as well.

"Hey, it was my first time drinking Amsterdam. That shit humbled the fuck outta me! I see why they call it Thot Juice." I said. I took my shot and Jason followed after.

"That night was lit, ain't that when we seen them skunks?" Slim said. We all nodded. He finally finished the rest of his shot and pulled out his lighter to light up his weed stuffed backwood.

"Hell yeah, we was fucked up!" Jason said. Him & I locked eyes for a short moment. Slim passed him the blunt and he took a long pull. "Slim ass ended up on our bathroom floor posted up right next to the toilet."

"Yeah, he would've slept in there if I ain't help him walk back to the couch." I said. He exhaled smoke through his nostrils and passed the blunt to me, somehow allowing our fingers to touch. I pretended to hit it once, then I passed it to Shayla. Slim grabbed the dusse and poured him another shot he know he's not gone drink.