Track 5 : Broken Promises

CALYPSO

CALYPSO

    Buzzz.. Buzzz.. Buzzz.. I opened my eyes to see I'd been laying on the floor. A wood print was engraved in my cheek after I peeled it off the ground. The taste of iron was in my mouth from a cut on my lip. Looking around me, Slim was nowhere to be found. I searched for my phone, which didn't take long because it happened to be that vibration that woke me up initially. I had 99+ notifications on Instagram and I continued to get them every second my phone was in my hand.
    I opened the app to to see I was getting DMs, tagged in posts, and worst of all there was a live video I was being tagged in besides Durk's. It was Royale's and she thought I was at the hotel with Durk, people were tagging me in the video and sending me hate messages. Then, I come across a post from The Shaderoom. It read, "Chicago Rapper Lil Durk goes live to sign a female rapper to OTF. Looks like he found more than he was looking for.😏🤫" The post had a clip of Durk & I right before he ended the live where he said he'd DM me. People were in the comments dragging me through the damn mud.

    @brazybaby: She knew damn well he was just trynna fuck. These hoes bold out here. Lol

   @kj_sheistyyy: Wow, this man just keep taking Ls. Shortie not even cute😂😭

@louloubee: Imagine cheating on Royale with THAT!🤢🤮

   @dubbmasterj: The birds come out as soon as they see a nigga drunk and ready to risk it all😂

   @durkandroyalefp: Nooooo not @lildurk too! He was our only hope left. Don't nobody even know who @calymichigan is! You not supposed to be fucking with nobody's. 😩🥺

    And the list goes on. I've scrolled through every single comment section and every one was more worried about Durk cheating on Royale with me than they were about Durk signing me to his label. Even the new comments on my YouTube consisted of hate comments from Royale's followers. My DMs were filled with people looking to interview me about the "scandal." I literally blew up over night in the worse way possible. EVERYBODY hates me.
    "Hello?" I answered the phone.
    "Girl, you okay? I seen everything, people are blowing me up too." Bria said. I sighed and crossed my legs as I sat on the floor.
    "I'm absolutely heartbroken right now. Slim found out I was with Durk last night and tried to fucking kill me. Everything else ain't making it no better."
    "Oh hell no, I'm coming to get you right now!"
    "No, I have work later on.."
    "Girl, fuck that job. I'll drive you to Chicago right now if I have to."
    "Yeah, ion think that's an option for me, anymore."
    "Have you talked to Durk?"
    "I didn't have to, if he's seen with me for even a second his whole career will be over."
    "I think you should at least try. I mean, I saw the live too. He's gonna wanna hear from you."
    "Not after Royale's live."
    "Look, I'll talk to Vinnie. In the meantime, get your shit because I'm coming to get you once I finish this head."
    "Damn, you just airing my business out huh?"
    "I'm in the bathroom girl, calm down. But, I'll be there in a couple of hours. Are you sure you're okay?"
    "Yes, I'm sure. I see you soon." I hang up the phone and get this urge to talk to Durk. Calling him just hours after Royale's live didn't sound like a good idea, so I decided to send him a text.