Track 8 : Sin City

ROYALE

ROYALE

For a whole week, my world seemed to turn upside down. My man was out here making me look stupid over some random female and I had no say in it. To make shit worse, all of this happened on the internet. But, Sunday came and saved us all. I woke up optimistic about what was to come. We were making history in our city and my man made it happen for us. Durk wanted us wearing matching formal wear and insisted we wear matching jewelry as well. A truck came to pick us up and take us up to the meeting with Mona and her team. We made it at 8:30am and Mona planned on arriving at 9. In the meantime, we waited in a conference room that was surrounded by large windows.
Vinnie showed up with Megan with news they were contacted by Mona's team as well. While we're celebrating that the gang was together, more familiar faces started filing in. Some were well known artists from Chicago, and others were important parts of the industry. My personal favorites were Gherbo, Lil Bibby, Katie got bandz, and Sasha go hard. Chief Keef cocky ass was there, but he was being too salty that Durk was getting a spotlight he wish he still had.
Ultimately, everyone was having a good time while waiting for Mona and her team. Meg and I were chatting it up as usual. Being on the show was gonna be litty. She nudged me and pointed out that Durk was looking agitated and was clearly staring too hard at the door. I figured he was anxious about what's about to happen, or even worried he might not be accepted for the show. I placed my hand on his back and kissed his cheek to assure him everything would be alright. With the conference room packed with amazing individuals, he should've been mingling. Especially since him and Herb were so close.
But, I was mistaken. Shawn showed up with Wiz out of the blue. Wiz stood outside of the conference door turned towards another person outside. He had his back facing the windows, so no one could see who was standing in front of him. Shawn walked in to whisper something in Durk's ear and it instantly upset him.
"What'd you mean? I told you to make the contract last night." He said.
"I did, she said this isn't what y'all agreed on." Shawn said. Durk smacked his lips and stormed out of the conference room with Shawn trailing behind him. Everyone in the room was now focused on what was going on. You could see us all trying not to breathe so we could hear.
"Caly, what's the problem?"Durk said. Just hearing her name made my blood boil. Everyone except Keef looked at me as if they were up to speed on who Caly was by now.
"This ain't the contract we discussed. This is some three-sixty bullshit. He said this is what you told him to write." She said.
"I told him exactly what you said you wanted. Are you trying to make this a issue for me right now?!" Durk said.
"Read this shit and you tell me. Cause I'm not signing this fucking contract!" She said. We heard papers shuffling and Shawn smacked his lips.
"What is this? This not what I asked you to write, Shawn." He said.
"What's the point of signing an artist if they're not bonded to your label?" Shawn said.
"The point is: I never agreed to sign anybody to my label to begin with. This was your doing. I'm not putting her in a position that neither one of us want her in. So, go get the fucking contract I asked you for or you can consider this a termination." It was quiet until Shawn walked away. Then, Durk's tone changed. "Thanks Wiz, lemme get a moment alone with her real quick." Wiz walked into the room and everyone pretended like they were in such a deep conversation with each other. Wiz stood behind me with his eyes on exactly the same person as me. "I didn't mean to get all loud with you. I just been really anxious this morning. How'd you sleep?"
"Great, actually. First night of real sleep in a very long time. I apologize for my lil outburst, I thought you was trying to pull a fast one on me." She said.
"Nah, I understand. Shawn really be on bullshit, sometimes. I think he be trying to embarrass me on purpose." He said with a laugh. "I'm loving this look on you, it brings out your eyes."
"Really?" She giggled. "I appreciate the referral. That was real sweet of you. You think I should make this a permanent thing."
"If it's gonna leave you looking like this, yes." He opened the door, startling everyone. Caly walked pass him into the room and he followed. All of our eyes were on her and she walked like she knew. Durk grabbed an empty chair and set it next to his. They sat right beside each other and Durk's body language seemed to be giving her his full attention. I couldn't help but give the both of them the side eye.
"Hi, everyone." She said. Most people responded with a greeting. Vinnie even gave her a warm welcome with a hug. "Hey, I'm Caly." She reached her hand across Durk to me. I just nodded and smiled. She pulled her hand back with a stank ass look on her face. Megan snickered and nudged me.
"Bitch!" Megan said under her breath. We both fell into a laughing spell, leaning onto each other. Then, the conference door opened and Mona walked in with her team. She greeted everyone and sat on the other end of the table. This was it. This is when shit got real.