Interlude

DURK

DURK

The only words to describe how I was feeling this day, was exhausted. India was back home with us, Royale's temper continued to fluctuate with me and I hadn't spoken to Caly since the party.

"I'll be right back." Royale would say before she left me with India for hours to be with Megan. Yes, Megan. The Hoodrat Entrepreneur.

I was okay when it came to having my daughter, she's got my full attention. Reading baby books and singing nursery rhymes is something I've been used to since my first child. Changing diapers and making bottles is something I've grown accustomed to. But, I get suspicious when Royale starts acting funny. She don't just disappear for hours on end, especially not with Megan. She's always the one to preach that "family is important" bullshit whenever it suits her. Let me leave her with India on the first night back and she will lose her damn mind. She'd be slamming shit you didn't even know had a door to it.

Matter fact, that's why she picked up India literally the night of the party. Had me feeding a bottle to India while directing the cleaning crew, waving guests goodbye. The videographers and paps were loving the image, Royale had the audacity to start cooking dinner when we had a whole cooler full of leftovers from the party. After she got back with India, she disappeared into the room, and came out with a whole new ensemble. Paps were all up her ass with cameras as she pan-fried a steak to perfection with a bonnet, lingerie, and an apron on. Ass, ass, ass, just everywhere. She been hanging out with Megan too damn long.

"Bae, I'm making your favorite!" she shouted from the kitchen. I nodded, giving her a smile. "He's such a great dad." she looked into the camera, forcing the fakest smile. But, they still ate that shit up.

On some real shit, shorty been wildin' since the second I put that ring on her finger. I ain't never seen a personality change that quick. Caly was hurt when I kicked her out of the party, But it would've been an all out brawl if I let Royale do it herself. Trust me, she was willing and able. If you asked me, I resolved an issue before it even started.

In between playing Royale's little game and chasing Caly, I was torn. I couldn't do it anymore, something had to give. And, it looked like it had to be me.

Herb came through just minutes after Royale made it home. His moms was with him and she's who Royale hired as our nanny. The conversation about why we need a nanny after she cried about never wanting to have one during her pregnancy may never happen. But, I can't complain about the help I told her we'd need anyway.

"You rolling?" I said.

"Nah, imma stick around for a min. Help moms get settled in and shit." Herb said.

"Bet, just ask Royale for anything you need. Or, give me a call." I said. "Bae, you good with him being here?"

"Yeah, I got this." She said. Pushing me out the door and giving me a peck on the lips. "Go do you."