Track 9 Remix : Side Chick 2.0

CALY

CALY

My  nerves was hella bad after that PR meeting. I had some time to reflect  on how my life had gone sour just because  I was being a fangirl. Durk's PR Team sent me an email about  radio & interview etiquette like I didn't understand the assignment  that was given to me. I'm sure they have nothing to worry about when I  can go to court and get sued for speaking my truth.

    I  was also given a schedule from his marketing team. You can bet I got  the memo that Shawn didn't like me. He continued  to go out of his way to avoid contacting me when it took more energy to  send people to deal with me directly. I thought it was his job to be a  middle man?

    According  to the schedule, Durk and I had a radio interview coming up. Mandy  suggested that we go out in public together  to build suspicion and "rattle the paps." I wasn't interested in  playing their game, that was at my expense, but I agreed to go on a  public date with him that Thursday.

    Just like we--I mean they planned, Durk  showed up Thursday afternoon. He was wearing the same custom jean  jacket he wore the night we met. Then, he pulled another custom jacket  from behind his back that had lavender stitch. The sleeves had fabric  patches of different shades of purple and yellow.  The back read the OTF logo with Caly in cursive, purple embroidery.

    "I made this for you.." He said. Speechless, yet flattered, I held the jacket in my hands like he'd just given me a novelty  item. I bit my bottom lip to hide the smile I had growing on my face.

    "Wow, thank you.." I said while stumbling over my next words. "Th-this is the nicest gift someone has ever given me.."

    "That's what I was doing.."

    "What do you mean?"

    "The time I was avoiding you--or so you thought. That's what I was doing."

    "I thought you were avoiding me because you felt guilty about.. you know."

    "That still didn't happen. Clean slate, remember?"

    "Right.." I nodded and set the jacket on the dining table. "I'm ready to go."

    "No, just- Can you please wear the jacket on this date with me?"

    "Oh, NOW you're  asking?"  I chuckled obnoxiously and nodded.  "You're gonna make me  a crazy woman, Tay. Just fucking insane."

    About an  hour into our date, I was ready to go the fuck home. We barely spoke.  And when we did, it was corny ass small talk. if  he asked me what my favorite color was ONE MORE TIME, I was  gonna climb over the barbed wire fence that surrounded the  roller-coaster.

    What bothered me the most is that he knew the answers to all the questions he was asking me. What's my favorite color?  He made me a custom jacket covered in it! That's not even the worst part...