Track 3 : 222

CALYPSO

CALYPSO

    I remember this night, like it was yesterday. I was sitting on the couch, oversized sweater, biker shorts, and my braids were in a bun. I was trembling with joy and curiosity as I sipped my chamomile tea. I couldn't quite yet process that I might have done something that would change my life forever. Nor, did I understand why me. Just a week before I was doubting myself and my craft, I was so depressed. Then, there I was. Having the greatest moment with someone I've never even met. Yet, I felt like I'd been waiting for that moment my entire life. It was less about my music, but more about him. Which was very hard for me to see through.

    So, after Durk ended the live, I took a moment to myself. Made some tea, sipped that tea, and paced back and forth until my phone vibrated. When I grabbed my phone and saw that I had a legit DM from Durk, my knees grew weak. I had to sit down. But, I couldn't seem too eager to text him. Nay, nay. Every woman knows that you wait a few minutes, maybe 10, before replying to the first few messages. So, I eagerly waited. While I waited, there was a knock at the door. A knock at the door? I lived too many hours away from home for pop ups, so who was at my door? Take a fucking guess.. In the meantime, I replied back to Durk's DM.

@lildurk: How you learn how to rap like that?

@calymichigan: I've been a good writer ever since I've learned how. I was writing love letters at 5yrs old. Father taught me the basics of hip hop and music around 8/9yrs old. I learned the rest on my own.

    "Who is it?!" I said.

    "It's me!" Jason said. I frowned in confusion. Walking to the front door, I looked through the peephole. He was alone.

    "Slim ain't here!" I said. My phone vibrated again with a response from Durk.

@lildurk: I gotta sign you.

@calymichigan: I told you, I'm not looking to get signed. I'm my own business, not a product.

    "I just talked to him, he knows I'm here!" He said.

    "Well, wait in the car!" I said. I tapped my foot against the wooden floor as I crossed my arms. Jason never moved from the door. In fact, he knocked again.

    "Yo, stop playing!" He said. "You can call him yourself right now!"

    "You know what.." I mumbled. I started to call Slim, but Durk replied to my message.

@lildurk: I feel that, and I don't blame you. But, we can write up a contract according to your demands. Just tell me what you want.

@calymichigan: I want to be taken serious as a businesswoman. How do I know you're not fucking with me?

    "Caly!" He said. "Bitch, open the fucking door!"