Canisclan once again

Start from the beginning

Lavender flinched and looked around nervously, and she was not the only one.

"However, we- or actually Jessamine- came up with an idea considering our training."

Harry paused and shot Mioha a look, silently asking her whether she wanted to take over.

She swallowed nervously, and nodded.
"Er-", she started, fiddling around with the hem of her sleeves as everyone's eyes fell on her.
"Well, uhm..."
She cleared her throat and saw Ginny and Hermione glance at her, smiling confidently.
Mioha took a deep breath.

"I've been thinking", she said, letting her eyes wander across the students sitting on red and blue cushions, "and I think that we all know, even with another year of hard practice like last year, we won't be a match for grown wizards and witches that had their entire lives to use curses and hexes."

Several people paled at her statement.

"What are you saying?", said Zacharias frostily and narrowed his eyes at her. "We're all gonna die anyway?"

Levinia shivered and scooted closer to Erica, her already pale face turning a more colorless shade of white.

"No", said Mioha, raising her voice when several started talking at once. "I just think we need to learn something the Death Eaters aren't prepared to fight against."

It got deadly silent in the room.

"I want to teach you elemental magic."

Everyone fell silent.
There. She'd said it.

"What's elemental magic?", Denis' question broke the silence and he eyed her confused.

"It's an old way of performing magic", Cho lectured him. "It's kinda outdated though."
She looked very skeptical at the thought of learning it.

"How do you want to teach us elemental magic?", called Ernie puzzled, "you're not even a master!"

"Yeah, why can't we stick to practicing normal spells?"

A murmur went through the room as people nodded in agreement.

"Because the point of elemental magic is that barely anyone uses it anymore", said Mioha, forcing her voice to remain steady. 

"I thought that takes years to learn", a Ravenclaw muttered.

"This is crazy!", someone said, shaking their head.
"How would we be able to learn this if wandless magic is already so difficult?"

"I can teach you the basics", Mioha answered, unconsciously fisting her sweaty hands.
"It's difficult, yes, but not impossible."

Some blinked at her in disbelief.

"I knew it. You've gone mad", a Slytherin said. "This was a waste of time."

People started getting up from their cushions, and more of the newcomers followed suit, moving towards the door.

"I didn't come here to learn something no one knows about anymore", Lavender said with a sniff.