Flight to Hogwarts

When Mioha woke up the next morning, Harry and Mr

When Mioha woke up the next morning, Harry and Mr. Weasley were already gone. Her insides squirmed nervously as she sat down at the breakfast table at six thirty. Harry would be at the ministry by now.
Mrs. Weasley was shuffling around in her purple nightgown, seeming to be nervous as well. She kept offering the yawning Tonks more coffee and asked Mioha three times whether she'd like to have bacon on her toast.

„We'll have to be more careful with Scrimgeour", said Tonks slowly with drooping eyes, her hair blond and curly this morning. „He keeps asking me and Kingsley funny questions..."

Professor Lupin nodded while stirring restlessly in his black tea. He had dark rings under his eyes and his hands kept shaking slightly.

"... and I'll have to tell Dumbledore I can't do night duty tomorrow, I'm just t - t - too tired", Tonks finished, yawning hugely again.

"Arthur can cover for you", mumbled Mrs. Weasley and set down her frying pan. "Mioha, dear, Albus contacted me this morning and asked me if you would be able to fly with Remus to Hogwarts. Would you?"

Mioha shot Professor Lupin a look again, and nodded mutely. She didn't need to ask why, the professor looked bad enough.

"We will leave in half an hour, if that is alright with you", said Professor Lupin and smiled tightly.

"Yes, sir", said Mioha quietly and nodded again.

I wonder if other werewolves feel as bad as he does, she thought worriedly.

"If you want, Alastor can surely accompany-", Tonks started.

"I'm fine, Tonks", said Professor Lupin, his tone sounding a little annoyed. "I will be able to fly to Hogwarts."
He stood up abruptly, almost knocking over his cup and left the room, leaving Tonks sitting at the table with a hurt expression her face.

"Don't worry, dear", said Mrs. Weasley and smiled gently, although she looked a little tense as well. "He will be better this afternoon."

Mioha finished her cocoa and her toast with jam before she thanked Mrs. Weasley and left the kitchen. It didn't take her long to get ready, and after she had thrown on her green and grey speckled traveling cloak, she met up with Professor Lupin at the door.

"There is one more thing", said Professor Lupin while slowly undoing the bolts on the door. "I don't think I need to tell you that we need to hurry since we will need quite a few hours to Hogwarts and back."

"I can carry you on my back", suggested Mioha quickly, and after he looked at her with a puzzled expression she added: "I mean as a Silverwing. We'll be much faster because brooms are slower than I am."

And you would get a chance to rest, Mioha added silently.

Professor Lupin shook his head. "No", he said firmly. "I will not allow you to put yourself in danger."