Back to homework...

Mioha had been moved to the Hospital Wing the next day, feeling physically already much better and permitted to have visitors.

Her mind, however, no matter how often she assured Madam Pomfrey that it was not her fault, was very much busy with her underwater episode.
She kept replaying it in her mind, remembering the moment when she had told herself not to use her magic to free herself.
On the one hand, she hadn't wanted to because of Harry and the other Merpeople. And that had been a good decision since everybody would have seen it on the screen.
But on the other hand...she had almost died because of not using her magic...

She was allowed to use a Dreamless Sleep potion for the next few days, until her nightmares would fade away.
These consisted of a mixture between the second task and the night her family had died. Mioha saw herself falling off the cliff, and then getting pulled deeper into the black sea by angry Merpeople who claimed she had invaded their territory. And all the while, there was this pressure on her throat, squeezing her windpipe together until white and blue dots danced before her eyes...

The Slytherin shook her ahead to clear her thoughts and returned to her history book. Professor Binns would not accept any excuses on why she didn't turn in her homework.

BANG!

Mioha flinched in surprise as the doors slammed open.

"Jess!", a high pitched voice shouted. She turned her head to find Hermione charging at her, looking very much like a wild lioness with her brown mane and her glowing eyes. Harry and Ron came in slowly behind her.

"What on earth was wrong at the second task? Do you know how scared I was when I saw you on that huge screen ALL WIDE AWAKE?"

Mioha swallowed.
"I didn't wa-"

"And you almost drowned! If Krum hadn't-"

"Hermione!", Harry bellowed.
He shot Hermione as stern look as she opened her mouth to snap at him.
"I think Jess doesn't really need to hear that now."

Hermione closed her mouth with a snap, looking like a ballon that has been deflated.
A guilty look appeared in her eyes as she glanced at Mioha, who smiled weakly.

"I'm alright", she said.

Ron snorted.
"How can you be alright?", he exclaimed, "boy, you scared the shit out of me!"

"Language, Ronald", mumbled Hermione, regaining her composure.
She tried to fix her hair that was just as stubborn as she was, her curls not relenting when she kept flattening them with the palms of her hands.

Ron ignored the Gryffindor.
"Your eyes were suddenly like- like this!", said Ron, going google-eyed.

Mioha raised her eyebrow amused, feeling a little happy for her friends' concern.

"Are you sure you are fine?", Harry asked, his tone turning somber.
"I wish I had just seen you earlier, I could have gotten you out before you got unconscious..."

"Harry-", Mioha tried to calm him.

"No, listen."
Harry looked angry at himself.
"After I got out of the lake, I only thought
how I had been over the time limit and how that would cost me points.
I had just assumed that you were fine.
What kind of friend does that?"

"You helped me cut the ropes", said Mioha calmly.
"And you were under so much pressure, having to get out before the Gillyweed stopped working, it makes sense you had a ton on your mind."

Harry opened his mouth to protest, but Ron nudged him in the side with his elbow.
"Mate, it looked creepy enough down there with the Merpeople and all that algae. You can't save everyone by yourself."