Prologue

Hello everyone, thanks for having a look at my story! I hope you'll enjoy it :)Just to say, I have noticed that my writing style in the first few chapters sucks, so I will edit the published chapters when my schedule allows it

Hello everyone,
thanks for having a look at my story! I hope you'll enjoy it :)
Just to say, I have noticed that my writing style in the first few chapters sucks, so I will edit the published chapters when my schedule allows it.
However, I hope that you will stick with the story to the end!

Your Amsrarsma 💜

P.S. Not to confuse you, but I made Luna a year older, which means she is in the same year as Jessamine and Harry Potter.

P.P.S. Some people have commented in the earlier chapters and spoiled about what will happen. Please do not do that, I do not appreciate it at all.

The sun was rising. Orange streaks of warm light flooded into a small room. It had a bed, a closet, a desk, and a small nightstand with a lamp on top, whose lightbulb had stopped functioning a while ago.

An eleven-year-old girl laid on the bed, arms folded behind her head while staring at the white ceiling. Her curly brown hair was messed up and covering most of her face.
Green eyes looked up thoughtfully, fixed on the ceiling where the paint was coming off, yet not seeing it. Her mind was elsewhere.

Next to her was an envelope with the Hogwarts seal on it.

It was unopened, yet she knew what it contained.

Her invitation to Hogwarts, the school for witches and wizards.

Sighing, she sat up and stared at her feet, letting them dangle over the edge of her bed.

Should she go?

It was already exhausting to hide her wings during the day in the orphanage and at her muggle school. But if she would go to Hogwarts, she would have to be careful day and night.

Jessamine stood up and walked to the window that granted her a view of the town. A bird sat outside on the windowsill, pecking against the dusty glass.

She opened the window and let the blackbird flutter inside.

"Hi, Esma", Jessamine smiled weakly and stroked the brown, shiny feathers of the bird. It chirped a short melody before fluttering onto her shoulder. Nestling into her hair, it picked at her wings as if it were cleaning her from fleas.

Jessamine's wings sprouted out of the back of her shoulders and were long enough to reach the ground. The feathers were a silver color with a white tip each.

The girl looked at the brightening sky and let out a determined breath. Everybody would be waking up soon, so it was time to hide her wings.
Closing her eyes, she cast a hiding shield over them, which caused them to fade and completely disappear. Nobody would see or feel anything, should they get close to her back.

Esma chirped questioningly into her ear and nuzzled Jessamine's chin with her beak.

"What do you think, Esma?", she asked the little blackbird.
"Should I go?"

The bird nodded its head, its black eyes shining knowingly.

Or maybe she just imagined it.

Jessamine sighed again and looked at the crumpled envelope on her bed.

It would be helpful to learn to control her magic.

Her gaze traveled to her bedroom door.

And besides, any place had to be better than this one.

Jessamine walked to her bed and picked up the letter. Opening it with shaking fingers, she unfolded the letter.

Dear Ms. Lince, she read.

Jessamine smiled.