I've not heard a single word from Toby, and I'm ashamed to admit that I intentionally didn't block my phone for a week, so I can contact him if I need to. But my better judgement has finally kicked my arse and makes me see sense, that I have no reason to speak to him. I mean, he told Justin to kill me, which could have killed his own babies.

Our twins.

It took me nearly a week to even talk about the fact that I'm having twins, and Ewan had to speak to my parents for me because they went crazy, calling me irresponsible and my mum even went as far as calling me the psychoslut. To say Ewan lost his shit at them is an understatement, but whatever he said, worked. I received a long apology message, sent to Gabriella's phone, my mum asking for my forgiveness.

I didn't reply.

My head is all over the place, but I know the way I feel as soon as I sit in the car, Ewan's hand on mine while he asks me how it went, is something that I need. Wanting something, the way I craved Toby and his wicked ways, it somehow dominated what I actually need, and I need myself more than anything, my babies need a healthy, safe and above all, sane mother.

"Jason wanted to stay with his mum tonight and Gabriella is off work, do you still need me to come over?"

Yes. "No," I reply, clipping my seatbelt in. "Plus, are you not fed up with sleeping on the couch? Go home and get a good sleep, maybe go get a drink with your friends."

"You know I hate drinking," he replies, indicating his car to turn right on the dual carriageway. "I might go out though, are you sure you don't need me?"

I have absolutely no right to feel any type of jealousy right now, so I smile at him, nodding, and focus on staying calm while I feel like crying. "You deserve it," I say after a long pause. "I'm surprised you're still helping me."

He rolls his eyes, turning the music up loud and continues to drive until we reach my place, parking up at the gate. "I forgot to show you this," he says, pulling out his phone. "Toby's mum got back to you last night, she said she's glad you messaged and would love to meet up."

"Great."

________

I think I might kill Gabriella if she tells me one more time that she wants to fuck Malfoy.

"Stop," I say, raising my hand to shush her. "You're like fifteen years older than him."

"He's my age now, actually."

Ewan huffs next to me, shaking his head. I try to hold in my laugh at his tipsy contorted face, but it's no use. He showed up maybe an hour ago, growing bored of his night out with his friends. I'm not complaining, my day has gotten ten times better since he showed up.

"You'd fuck anything with a pulse, wouldn't you?" he asks her, his leg fused against mine as we sit with our backs to the couch, sitting on the rug. Gabriella is perched on the couch behind us, crunching loudly on her crisps.

"So would Aria," she replies, making me imagine her death in a million ways.

He doesn't say anything, just side-eyes me with a smirk and continues to watch Deathly Hallows until Gabriella announces that she got a text that she needs to go into work for an emergency, leaving us alone.

"She was only kidding when she said that," I say, breaking the comfortable silence between us. "She was just trying to annoy you."

He clears his throat. "Debatable," he jokes, raising a brow at me with his elbow resting on his parted knees. I nudge him with my shoulder lazily, giving him a murderous look.