𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

There's one thing that controls everything and anything in life, an emotion so strong that it can completely debilitate us. It overwhelms all of our senses while we turn a blind eye to the toxicity that we're surrounded by.

Love.

I always saw it as some romantic word that describes appreciation, loyalty, passion, a healthy relationship that could lead to marriage and children.

Movies and novels always paint it so perfectly, and many people are lucky enough to find that type of love.

In reality, it's not all fucking unicorns and roses, right?

I had absolutely no idea that it could drive someone so insane, that the raw emotion between two lovers could result in complete and utter carnage.

Who knew it could rip apart your identity?

I didn't know what it felt like to live as a mindless vessel while the world around me continued on. But I could see it in his eyes many of times, those deep, penetrating, innocently intoxicating blues that have burned into my psyche with each slow, carefully controlled thrust.

With a mixture of seduction and false promises from that four-lettered word, he would fuck me into oblivion, taking over every inch of my body as I'd submit to him.

He wanted to own me.

And I let him, as long as I was able to own him, too.

He was mine and I was his.

Being in a toxic relationship is pretty fucking bad.

Being in love with a psychopath is way worse.

You see, I ignored every red flag, and for what?

Love is Dangerous.

Trust is a Weakness.

Possession is a Toxic Game.

The devil himself delved into my mind and whispered to me that he was everything I ever needed, wanted, craved, and I listened.

He loved me, but in his own screwed up, deranged way. I was everything to him, but that led to me being pulled up on the fucking stage with the bastard himself, tormenting me while everyone around us inspected our relationship the way he wanted them to.

They were blind. We all were.

Everything between us was going well, or so I thought, until his mask dropped, and the tell-tale signs of control had gotten stronger. The destruction around his mind games just messed me up in ways that I still struggle to explain.

Physically, he would never lay a finger on me, but mentally, he destroyed every-fucking-thing about me.

His twisted thoughts led to so much devastation, unforgivable consequences.

Did he care? Unless it involved me, nothing else mattered to him.

I tried everything to lead him in the right direction, to help him see that he desperately needed support and therapy, that his version of loving me wasn't enough for his tortured soul.

But when I failed, I did the one thing that resulted in my world blowing.

I left him.

_______

Firstly, I would like to apologise to anyone who was reading this book before I took it down without warning, I won't be doing it again. I had to try to protect my work as someone was copying, reported my Ig so that I lost it. So my new Instagram account while I wait for the appeal is (darkxromantic) Feel free to give me a follow.

So, I will give this one last warning, do not copy any of my work. I have given people chances in the past who have copied, but this time I will just report and expose you to everyone.

This is a newly written prologue, so all my comments have dropped and I could cry. I love comments! Please do not be shy, I try to reply to each and every one of you.

Warnings: This is a dark romance that contains toxic and controlling themes. Toby is intense, he wants to own Aria, to have everything about her to himself... forever.

IF YOU ARE HERE AS A REREADER, PLEASE COMMENT FOR THE NEW READERS (without spoilers) THAT THIS IS MORE THAN SOME TOXIC SEX STORY. THERE ARE SOME DEEP AND HEART WRENCHING MOMENTS THAT HAVE YOU CONSIDERING MENTAL HEALTH IN AN ENTIRE OTHER MANNER.

NEGATIVE COMMENTS WILL BE REMOVED AS YOU'VE BEEN WARNED. BUT I'LL SAY ONE MORE TIME, THERE IS NO FORM OF RAPE OR PSYCHICAL ABUSE BETWEEN LOVE INTERESTS.

(^CAPS FOR DRAMATIC EFFECT BECAUSE I'M EMOTIONAL AF ABOUT THESE TWO^)

Wow, A/N is longer than the fucking prologue... my bad.

 my bad