8

Surprisingly, I don't have a hangover when I wake up. There's a glass of water next to the bed, the clothes I had on last night are folded on the chair and fresh pyjamas cling to my skin.

I remember everything, and I mentally facepalm, swearing at myself. Not only did I bring up my insides with Toby holding my hair, but I'm also fairly sure I was cheeky to him and watched as he decked some dude because I stupidly gave him my address.

What the actual fuck, Aria? Are you a doctor or a dickhead? 

Both... Doctor Dickhead.

That's it, no more drinking excessively. A glass of wine at night is fine, but I'm cutting myself off for the rest of this trip. I'm here to help Ivy, not party like a teenager.

I check my phone to see a message from Gabs that she's staying over at Justin's until Monday morning and she loves me. She attached a photo of the two in bed, probably naked.

There's another message from Whiplash, telling me if anything goes wrong, he's in the hotel room next to mine, just to make sure I'm okay.

Me: Why are you next door? You could have just slept here.

The message delivers, the ticks turn blue and he starts typing. I shouldn't be grinning, turning on my side with the duvet pulled up to hide my smile. This isn't some crush I have; Toby is hot but he's my assistant, he's as confusing as they get, and I can't get involved in that stuff.

But I can have fun, right?

Whiplash: It would've been wrong if I did. You were drunk, plus I wouldn't be able to control myself.

Oh.

My grin widens. I thought this part of Toby had vanished, but my thighs clench together in excitement that he's not. I'm possibly playing with fire, but I don't care. Toby came at me initially and practically offered himself up, so I'll do the same.

What's the worst that can happen?

Me: Maybe I don't want you to control yourself.

I'm being a major flirt right now, but I can't help it. I've felt his addictive lips on mine, I've felt him pressed against me, and I'm not fucking around, I need more of him, to feel all of him.

Whiplash: You shouldn't tease me, Doctor. I'm sorry for my behavior before, but I won't apologize for what happens next.

This doesn't need to be anything more than just sex, and I'm sure he will agree. What man doesn't like casual sex? Unless they are Ewan and hellbent on trying to form a relationship again, I think Toby would be team fuck buddy for me.

I did the whole friends who fuck thing, and it's safe to say that it went tits up.

I worked with him; a tall, tanned lad named Kaleb. We were lab partners for three years in college and eventually, while alone in the club, he made his move which resulted in him taking me home and fucking me against every wall in his house, the one he shared with three other guys. 

It went on for weeks, meeting at each other's place, drunkenly hooking up in nightclubs. Gabs hated him, said he gave her the creeps, but he was a good shag.

I even let him join in with me and another girl.

I hadn't seen him in weeks, so I went to Ewan. I know, I'm a dickhead. I answered the phone to him while I was with my ex, and he overheard him in the background, lost his shit, calling every name under the sun; slut, slag, whore, and so on.

Safe to say Kaleb never spoke to me again, even though I wasn't in a relationship with Ewan.

I really need to stop sleeping with Ewan. I think it's the fear of being alone, truly alone, that scares me. I know if I'm ever bored or feeling lonely, I can call Ewan and he would come to cheer me up. I'm selfish that way, always throwing it in his face what he had done to me all those years ago when he'd ask for another chance.

But with Toby, I can fly back to Scotland and never see him again.

What? Men are allowed to have sex and women can't? I embrace it, it's a healthy activity to take part in. Just because a woman likes to have sex doesn't make them any less than the man who fucks every girl in sight and get praise for it. Where is equality?

Anyhoo...

I stare at my screen, chewing the side of my mouth, contemplating my next words. This could go two ways... I flirt and he rejects me, again. Or I flirt and he bounces through that door, nailing me to the mattress by his hips while he rips my towel off, pleasures me with his potentially skilled fingers, and leaves.

I'll go for the latter.

Me: No strings?

I hop out of bed and beeline for the bathroom, shoving the toothbrush in my mouth to rid myself of this death breath. I turn on the shower and freshen up, hearing my phone buzz twice on the bathroom sink. I'm not usually this nervous about something like this, and even the Radox bubbles don't ease the tense muscles.

What if he says no? I will be humiliated and definitely couldn't face him again. What if he tells people in the ward that his boss tried to seduce him and offered him casual, no strings attached sex?

Fucking fuck.

I may have just made a horrid mistake, what if they send me back to Scotland and take me off Ivy's case?

Even though my behaviour has been a tad wild the past two weeks of being here, I do care for that little girl. I've worked my arse off to get her into this hospital with the world-leading doctors and I don't plan on it ending until we have a positive outcome.

Wrapping the towel around my body, I lift my phone, closing one eye to try to shield myself from his shattering rejection. I suck in a breath and look up at my reflection in the mirror, my chest and cheeks becoming more flushed by the second.

Whiplash: No strings, as in... sex?

Whiplash: Don't tell anyone then, open the door.

_______

Shorter chapter, my writing has been crappy the past few and I'm trying to get my mojo back! (Editing, old me found her mojo, dudes.)

Unedited, I will check it later. (Old me did not check later and left current me with a shitstorm of errors.)

Aria is ruthless, right? Personally, I love a woman who does what she wants and raises the middle finger to people who disagrees for one person to enjoy sex but agrees for the other.