58

"Toby?" My voice falters as he approaches me, crushing the glass under his heavy boots. Each horrifying step he takes throws me back two, falling against the door with a thud. My heart nearly blows out of my chest as all the air leaves my lungs, making me feel faint. "How did... No," I say, completely out of breath. "You need to leave!"

He shakes head, lowering his knees to the floor as my back slides down the wall. "I couldn't find you." He sucks in his bottom lip, releasing it with a curious look. "I was worried."

"Please don't hurt me," I beg him with a croak in my throat, tears already rolling down my cheeks as I cover my bump instinctively. "I'm pregnant with your kids."

"What? Why would I hurt you?" he asks, tilting his head, looking hurt by me pleading for our lives, dropping his confused gaze to my hands doing all they can to protect our babies. "I want my kids to be safe, Aria. Why would you even say that?"

Maybe because you were ready to strangle me to death? You drugged me, threatened Jason and Ewan. Also, I think getting stabbed at your request might've done it.

"You need to leave," I repeat, biting my lip to hide how terrified I am. All my hairs are rising, my spine straightening as he looks at me with some form of adoration. "Please leave."

I gasp as he reaches a hand forward, flinching, preparing myself for his strike. But instead, my body tenses from his soft touch against my skin. The pad of his thumb runs along my cheekbone, his fingers in my hair. "It's good to see you in person after so many weeks apart. I'm a little disappointed that you went to... where was it? Dumfries? If you didn't use your email and leave this place empty, I would never have known that you left."

The fucker does have my phone.

I feel rage building in the pit of my stomach, the sudden urge to yell at him is at the tip of my tongue, but I hold back, gritting my teeth. "It was you."

"What was?"

"Why would you do that to me?" I ask him with venom lacing my tone, remembering the umpteen images and videos he uploaded of me. "How could you?"

He frowns, removing his fingers from my skin and leaning his elbows on his knees while he squats. "Do fucking what?"

"You know what."

He shrugs and huffs, shaking his head with his arms stretched out. "Because I picked the lock on your front door? Or do you mean the cameras? I was just trying to keep you—"

"If you say that you were trying to keep me safe once more, I think I might scream." I stand, looking down at him with my fists clenched. "I've tried to keep myself as calm as possible when I'm around you because you're unpredictable and to be honest, you terrify me. But you took it too far by threatening the ones that I love then showing thousands of people explicit videos of me. For someone who claims to love me, you should probably look up what that word means before you throw it around."

Do I have a death wish? He seems calm so maybe that's why I'm letting my mouth run, but if he switches to whatever dark side possesses him, I'm going to be in deep shit. What I know of Toby's other side, it likes to pop out when he becomes distressed, and he hates when I show fear towards him.

I also need to somehow get the hell out of here.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Toby responds with a snap, standing so he's looking down at me with a scowl. "What videos?"

I let out a laugh, accepting that I do in fact have a death wish. "You're good," I tell him, waving my finger as I step back from his close proximity, discreetly reaching my hand to feel my phone in my back pocket, sighing a silent breath of relief. "I understand that you have... issues, but how far do I allow you to go before I stop trying to reason with you?"