54 - I can't cry

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
VIOLENCE/GUN VIOLENCE
REFERENCES TO RAPE
SMOKING
BLOOD/GORE/DEATH

TRIGGER WARNINGS:EXPLICIT LANGUAGE SWEARING VIOLENCE/GUN VIOLENCE REFERENCES TO RAPESMOKING BLOOD/GORE/DEATH

I've missed Mariano so much. Since he started his new life, I hardly see him. He still lived in Italy but I didn't want to trespass on his happiness. I did miss the bitch. I was so happy to see his ugly face, I'm sure Ace called him to come over. He's become such a considerate fucker recently. Do I like it? Fuck yes. Alena did accompany Mariano and I didn't mind. She was actually not too bad. I could get used to her I suppose.

I felt so disappointed with myself, I should have fought harder. Sánchez was a pathetic piece of shit. I was borderline delirious because of the amount of blood I had lost but I would have never forgiven myself if something happened to the baby. I have always told myself that I didn't need anyone's help. I had to do everything myself. But fuck, Sánchez is fucking dead.

Ace made a mistake, one that I understood, but regardless, I wished he had killed Sánchez. Now when my leg does heal, I'm going to find him and give him the most painful death one could imagine. Fuck him. When Ace saw me awake, I knew he stayed by my bedside all the while. I saw how he was almost broken. I didn't want him to feel like that. I didn't want to see him like that.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when Ace called a doctor over. Why ever for? I told him I was fine. I guess he was worried which I do find adorable but at the same time I've never had anyone that really cared about me like he does, apart from Mariano. So I let him take care of me, even it it were only to make him feel at ease.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Mariano asked for forth time. He was also worried, my brother worried about me, that was new. I nodded and stopped myself from rolling my eyes. "Yes I've told you bitch." He chuckled at my response. When I was thrown into the river, it was so dark, so cold. In the that moment, I was terrified. I didn't care about me, but of everyone I'd lose. I didn't want to go. Not when I had so much to do and see.

We talked for ages, I'm sure most of the night, like old times. I just admired the beauty of Ace, my husband, talking to my brother as if they were truly family. I wasn't tired but my body did ache badly. Nothing a few painkillers wouldn't sort out.

I looked at Ace, who was also relaxed beside me. He absentmindedly rubbed my leg with his hand. Maybe to keep me close, maybe to reassure himself that I was here, with him. His fingers occasionally tapped my thigh, and I realised it was because he wanted to smoke. I didn't feel guilty though, he could do without smoking so much anyway. While Mariano talked about the next painting auction he wanted to go to, I just watched Ace. His white T-shirt was pulled across his body, showcasing those perfectly sculpted muscles underneath. When he talked, it was like light glimmered in his dark eyes, and his smile. So happy, content. He smiled at me when he caught me staring. I didn't want to even fuck him, just to be with him. To hold him close because he was mine.

"What do you want for your birthday?" Mariano asked as he relaxed back onto the sofa as if he owned the fucking house. I shrugged. I did not need anything but Mariano has always given me two gifts without fail. One was a ridiculous item and the other was something decent. I do the same to him, it's always been like this. Our little tradition. I looked at him and smiled. "I don't want anything." I sighed and looked down at my feet. "I've chosen something that's perfect." Alena spoke up. She's always so quiet, perhaps she's intimidated by Ace. The way she's sat, her legs towards Mariano. It's as if she thought Ace would snatch her and rip her apart any second.