72 - Mother dearest

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
VIOLENCE
ALCOHOL
BLOOD/DEATH/GORE

TRIGGER WARNINGS:EXPLICIT LANGUAGESWEARING VIOLENCEALCOHOL BLOOD/DEATH/GORE

I sat on the end of the bed massaging Alessia's feet. Her ankles were slightly swollen and she was incredibly uncomfortable. Her eyes remained closed, a damp towel rested atop her forehead. I watched her chest rise and fall slowly. Only an hour ago we went for a check up. More so, I insisted we go. Alessia was adamant she was fine and nothing was wrong but I just wanted to be safe. I'll admit, I was a bit annoying.

It's been a month now and I still haven't figured out who wanted to kill me. The why wasn't the question. That was easy to guess. Perhaps they chickened out, or maybe they were waiting for an opportune moment. "What do you want to eat?" I asked her, she's been sick an awful lot and it worried me especially when she didn't feel like eating. "I don't know. Nothing." She sighed.

I fucking missed her swearing. She's also been too tired to bother. Her guards loved the fact that she hadn't raised her voice at them or punched them. "I'll get you some cake." I smiled, rubbing her ankles gently. "But I don't want cake." She muttered.

Fuck. What do I even do? "I'll get everything." I shrugged my shoulders. She smiled and waved her hand at me. "Can you put the sheets up, I want to sleep." I stood up and gently covered her, making sure to tuck her in. I left the bedroom, turning off the light.

"Ramsay." I spoke into my phone. "She's asleep." I headed for the front door, picking up a jacket before leaving. "Be there in ten." He said and switched the phone off.

In five minutes I was already at the club and took a seat at a booth. It wasn't as busy as I assumed it would be and being that it was Alessia's club in Italy, I could simply tell everyone to fuck off if I wanted to.

"Ace." Ramsay called out as he joined me in the booth. "Ramsay, you good?" I asked as I watched him rub his eyes. "I'm fine, just fucking tired. Do you know I've probably slept less than an hour this past week." He mumbled. I nodded and scratched my head. 

"You don't have to worry Ace, you never sleep anyway." Ramsay chuckled and patted my back. "That is true." I thought out loud. Before I could wave a server over, I saw Kaden and Mariano. Kaden had came to Italy for awhile to oversee some business deals and Mariano had nothing better to do.

"Ace." Kaden nodded and he greeted Ramsay. They both took their seats at the booth and we were brought some drinks. "How's she doing?" Mariano asked me. I looked to see him wearing a white T-shirt under his leather jacket. "As well as can be I suppose." I replied. "Why won't she talk to me?" Mariano grumbled as he slumped down beside me. "Perhaps it was because you called her, and I quote 'a fat fucking bitch' or maybe it was because you didn't share your food with her." I smirked.

"You called her a fat fucking bitch. There's no way to recover from that." Kaden gasped while chuckling. He knew all too well what Alessia's mood swings were like. Mariano shrugged his shoulders and gulped down his drink that I poured out. Kaden knew all to well to bite his tongue when it came to Alessia. She has no patience and she wasn't afraid to slap the shit out of you.