Chapter 29

Kathleen's POV:

I woke up in a private hospital room.

An oxygen mask covering my nose and mouth.

There, sitting in a chair next to the hospital bed, was Prince Ivan.

"Careful," Prince Ivan put a hand on my shoulder when I tried to get up. "You need to take it easy, Kathleen."

"Where am I?" I said through the oxygen mask.

"In the hospital here in Nobel Michel," He said in a irritating yet gentle tone.

"No," I stared into his icy blue eyes. "Which hospital?"

"The Royal Hospital," He said simply.

I frowned, "But I'm not—"

"Don't worry about that," He stood and hovered over me, our foreheads touching. "I'm glad that you're well," He added, cupping my face in his hands.

"What happened again?" I asked as he put my hospital bed in a half up position for me.

"Your heart murmur was acting up," Gently, he tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear. "If I hadn't seen you when I did..." He trailed off, shuddering from the thought.

I nodded, remembering what happened.

"My fracture?"

"Your fracture is still there," He sat back down in the chair. "Luckily, it didn't get any worse."

I nodded, relieved that my fracture hadn't gotten any worse like I had thought.

Prince Ivan stared into my eyes. "Why did you decide to leave that day, Kathleen?"

"I—" I blinked back tears. "I'm— I'm not good enough for you."

He frowned.

"And what makes you think that you're not good enough for me?"

Tears ran down my face then.

"Because of my heart murmur," I began as I cried. "Because I'm not from nobility. Because I felt so insecure about loving you."

"Kathleen," He wiped my tears away with his thumb. "you never saw you for you, did you?"

I shook my head.

He took hold of my left hand, that had the IV, "The reason why I chose you to be my future wife, it's because you're a determined, strong and independent young woman. That is why I chose you. I still— and will always— choose you, Kathleen."

"But my heart murmur," I hiccuped.

"We will get through this together," He said, "and I will always be here for you."

"I really don't deserve you," I said, looking into his icy blue eyes.

When he looked into my eyes, his were gentle.

"Promise me," He leaned forward and tenderly kissed the tips of my fingers. "That you won't ever leave me again."

"I promise."

~ ~ ~ ~

A nurse came in a few moments after, to check on me.

Prince Ivan had to step out of the hospital room.

Once she did a basic check up, she took off the oxygen mask.

Then a Royal Doctor came in to speak to me about my heart murmur, and to prescribe me different pain killers for my fracture.

"Have you ever taken any medication for your heart murmur before?" The Royal Doctor asked after prescribing me the pain killers for my fracture.

"Not that I recall, no," I shook my head.

The Royal Doctor nodded. "Since your heart murmur has been acting up a lot more lately. I'm going to prescribe you a heart medication that I believe can help with your heart murmurs."

I nodded. "Thank you."

After the Royal Doctor left to have a nurse bring me the prescribed medicine, I could be discharged that day.

I also went back to Sanct Sybil with Prince Ivan.

Author's Note:

Ok, here is a new chapter to this story! Hope y'all enjoy! 😉

Also Happy New Year! I'm going to do my best to finish all of my current fanfics this year— & maybe write some new fanfics too!