Chapter 17

Author's Note:
I don't even know what I'm writing anymore for this fanfic...but I'm just going with the flow...because...why not, right? Hope you like this chapter either way :)

~~~
Chapter 17

Kathleen's POV:

"Close your eyes," Prince Ivan said with playful eyes.

I gave him a questioning look, but with hesitation, I closed my eyes anyway.

"Why do I have to close my eyes for?" I asked as the car finally stopped.

Prince Ivan chuckled. "I just want this to be a surprise."

"A surprise," I repeated, laughing.

I felt him take hold of my hand as he careful led me out of the car.

"Watch your step," He said as he took hold of both of hands then.

The cold wind brushed my face gently.

"Can I open my eyes now?" I asked I as I breathed in the nice cool air.

"Just a few more steps."

I sighed.

"You can open your eyes now." He said as he laughed.

When I opened my eyes, we were standing next to a plaza in a nearby town...in Sanct Sybil.

The town had a rustic feel to it. Every building was made of wood, log. Here and there, there would be buildings made of brick.

Never would I have expected to see a town such as this. So calm. Quite.

"Wow," I looked all around me. "This town's beautiful." I added, looking at Prince Ivan.

He smiled faintly.

"Shall we take a look around?"

I nodded excitedly.

~~~

Although the town we were in was small. We found a bunch of things to do.

Prince Ivan practically took me into every boutique, insisting that I should buy something, but I refused.

I could tell that he was getting irritated with me, which made me laugh. I wasn't really the time to splurge on new dresses and things.

He was about to take me to a little jewelry shop when we passed a cute little bookstore.

"Let's go in here," I said as I took hold of Prince Ivan's arm.

He raised an eyebrow, but didn't say anything as we went into the bookstore.

Prince Ivan's POV:

We spent almost an hour in the bookstore.

That was the most we spent in all of the stores that I had taken her in.

Kathleen loved books.

Who knew that she would love a bookstore more than boutiques?

As I got to know Kathleen, she was definitely different than the women in Sanct Sybil.

She was independent, smart.

She thought for herself.

And by that, she intrigued me.