Chapter 14

Author's Note:

Here is Chapter 14. Hope you like this chapter! :)

Please don't forget to comment, like & follow for automatic notifications on your favorite FanFics/fiction works of mine.

Until next time, my lovelies!

~~~

Chapter 14

Kathleen's POV:

As I gasped in air after I had regained consciousness, the Royal Doctor checked my vital signs.

It seemed that I was okay. Now.

The Royal Doctor turned to Prince Ivan and Mikhail, politely telling them to step out for a moment. Take care of the guests in the Ballroom.

Oh, I'm screwed, I thought as I weakly tried to tie my corset back together.

Ugh, this is so embarrassing.

"Lady Kathleen," The Royal Doctor sat down beside me on the couch once Prince Ivan and Mikhail left, "I'm going to ask this again. Is there anything that I should know about? Concerning your health?"

I bit down on my lower lip as I played with my fingers for a while.

"Kathleen," The Royal Doctor demanded when I still hadn't answered.

"My heart murmur," I finally said as I slowly sat up into a sitting position. "I have a heart murmur and it was kind-- sort of-- acting up tonight. Or I might have not been able to breathe because of the corset. I don't know."

The Royal Doctor let out an exasperated sigh.

"We'll have a check up tomorrow," She said with finality. "For now, if His Royal Highness asks, you fainted from the corset. You couldn't breathe. Do not tell him about your heart murmur until I've decided it's harmless, okay?"

"But it is harmless," I said in a small voice.

"Lady Kathleen, has your heart murmur caused you trouble while growing up?"

"Maybe," I looked somewhere else.

"Then it isn't as harmless as you think." She said in a gentle tone. "So, please, don't tell His Royal Highness about your heart murmur yet. We don't need him to worry at this moment."

But won't it worry him even more if he doesn't know? That's what I wanted to say, but I said nothing. I just nodded silently.

After that, the Royal Doctor made it clear that I was to go back to my room to rest.

"I'll inform His Highness on what we think happened tonight," She said before she left the room.

Mikhail came in moments later with a fur throw.

"Thank you," I said as he wrapped it around me.

He shook his head. "You don't need to thank me. I'm just glad that you're okay."

I pursed my lips into a tight line. "I must have scared everyone."

"More like worried," He chuckled lightly. "Especially His Royal Highness."

"Is he mad?" I asked Mikhail right when Prince Ivan entered the room.

"How could I be mad?" He said as he knelt down in front of me. "Gosh, you should have said something about the corset." He added, chiding me.

Mikhail's eyes widened. "You fainted from the corset? Was it that tight?"

I shook my head. "No, it wasn't. I--" I stopped myself before I could say anything about my heart murmur. "I guess you could say that I had felt a little claustrophobic?"

"You know, you don't have to wear the corsets if it makes you feel like you can't breathe." He said in a disapproving tone.

"Next time," I said in a small voice. "I'll remember that for next time."

If the maids don't force me to wear one again, I thought as Prince Ivan helped me up from the couch.

My knees buckled beneath me once I was on my own two feet.

Prince Ivan easily caught me in time.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just weak on my feet." I said as I put my hands on his arm for support.

He chuckled. "What am I going to do with you, Miss Kathleen?"

I knew that was just a retorical question, but I couldn't help to answer.

"I don't know," I muttered.

Honestly.