Chapter 24

Kathleen's POV

I woke up to someone gently shaking my shoulder.

"Mm," I lightly yawned as I opened my eyes and I wished I hadn't because my room was too bright at that moment.

"Let me close the curtains," The person said, which was Mikhail.

"How long have I been asleep for?" I asked as he gave me a cup of tea after closing curtains a little bit.

"You were asleep for two days," He said matter-of-factly.

My eyes widened in shock.

"I was asleep for two whole days?"

Mikhail chuckled as he poured me another cup of tea.

"Doctor Alina wasn't concerned," He said. "She expected you to be exhausted from all the tests and the Heart Scan."

"Was Prince Ivan concerned?" I asked as I took a sip of my second cup of tea.

Mikhail nodded. "At first yes, but Doctor Alina reassured him. That you would wake up when your body felt it had enough rest."

I nodded.

"What time is it?" I stretched my arms and legs. They had felt stiff, which was to be expected. I did sleep for two days straight.

Mikhail checked his watch.

"It's almost twelve in the afternoon, Kathleen."

Slowly, I got up from my bed.

After Mikhail left to bring me a breakfast tray, I got ready for the day.

I felt calm and reenergized from my two day hibernation.

"Prince Ivan would like to see you after you have breakfast," Mikhail set the breakfast tray on the table next to the window.

"Okay," I said as I sat down and had my breakfast.

"Would you like to attend another Nobel Michel's Ball with me?" Prince Ivan asked me as soon as I entered his office.

"Uh..." I trailed off. "I thought Doctor Alina had said that I wasn't supposed to attend any type of party."

"I've already asked her if it was okay for you to start attending parties again," Prince Ivan began, "and she said that it was. She said that you're healthy and can go to parties with me again."

"That's good to hear," I said as Mikhail came in with a tea cart.

"So is that a yes?" Prince Ivan asked as we had tea.

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, I would love to go with you to the Ball in Nobel Michel."

"Good," Prince Ivan smirked. "I'm glad to hear that."

"When is the Ball?"

He took a sip of his cup of tea before saying, "Tonight."

My eyes widened in surprise, but I didn't say anything. I just nodded.

Once we were finished with having tea. Mikhail led me back to my room, where two maids were waiting for me.

There, laid on my bed was an elegant dark green ball gown with matching high heels.

"Please get her ready before five o'clock," Mikhail told the maids.