Chapter 2

Prince Ivan's POV:

I watched Miss Kathleen walk down the steps of Lord Nobel Michel's Castle.

The fact that she was leaving early, it only meant that she had no interest in marrying me. I probably wouldn't if I had caught the bouquet. Only finding out afterwards that I wasn't the only person who was considered as a marriage candidate for a Prince.

Why my advisors and ministers had last minutely picked those other women, I had no idea.

As I turned to go back into the Castle. I realized something; I had grown some interest in Miss Kathleen. And now, I only had eyes set on her.

Mikhail was standing by the entrance inside when I came back.

"Tomorrow," I began to speak as Mikhail followed me back to my office here in the Castle, "I would like you to personally go to Miss Kathleen's workplace and tell her that I have chosen her as my marriage candidate, as my wife."

"Is that your final decision, Your Royal Highness?" Mikhail asked timidly.

"Yes," I said as I sat down in my chair and began to examine a few untouched documents.

"As you wish, Your Royal Highness." Mikhail bowed before he left.

Out of the corner of my eye, Miss Kathleen's file was still open on my desk. So, I picked it up to look at her picture.

I stared into her clear, bright green eyes.

A smile tugged at the corners of my mouth and in the end I had to cover the growing smile with my hand.

What exactly drew me to Miss Kathleen? I thought as I finally closed her file and went back to my other tasks at hand.

Kathleen's POV:

The next day, Patisserie Green was busier than usual. At least, not so early in the morning. Usually it was busier when lunch and dinner time came around.

However, I thought nothing of it. I was glad to be making so many different sweets today.

I even almost forgot about yesterday. Almost, but not quite.

This is your place, I thought as I watched an apple pie bake in the commercial oven. You're meant to be a Pastry Chef, Kathleen. You love seeing the smiles on each and every customer who eats your sweets.

When the apple pie was finished baking, I set it down on the counter to cool off as Yosef came in with a pale face.

I looked at him in alarm. "What's wrong, Yosef?"

"Someone is here to see you." He said, pointing to the front of the store with his thumb.

"And who might that someone be, exactly?" I frowned. The only person that would want to see me while I worked was May, my best friend. However, I had specifically told her a few weeks ago to come by when I was on break...

"Why don't you come and see who it is." Yosef offered as he gestured for me to go to the front of the store.

"Uh," I took off my oven mitts, "Sure? I guess..."

Yosef followed me to the front of the store. A tall man in a navy suit with silver hair and dark blue eyes was there, waiting patiently for Yosef's return with me.

Once the man saw me, he bowed deeply. "Miss Kathleen, I am Mikhail, Prince Ivan's Butler, and I'm here on behalf of His Royal Highness. He has chosen you to be his potential bride."

I blinked as my brain tried to comprehend what Mikhail had just said.

"What-- but yesterday with all of the other women I thought-- he chose me?"

"Yes, he chose you and only you." Mikhail confirmed. "We are to leave for Sanct Sybil by today." He added as he looked at his wrist watch.

"Today?" My eyes widened. "Oh, but I can't leave today. I have work and--"

"The Royal Family shall send a replacement as early as tomorrow morning." Mikhail gently cut me off.

I pursed my lips together.

Of course, I didn't want to leave Yosef without a replacement, but I also didn't want to leave in general.

Why was this happening to me? I thought when Yosef gently pushed me toward Mikhail.

"Y-Yosef?" I gave him a puzzle look through wide eyes.

"Go," He said gently. "We'll be fine with the replacement. There's no need to worry."

I stared into Yosef's eyes and there was hope in them.

He wants me to go, I thought dejectedly.

What I had decided was beyond me. Maybe it was because of the way Yosef was looking at me, but I agreed to go with Mikhail-- to Sanct Sybil as Prince Ivan's potential bride-- in the end.

"Okay, yes," I turned to back Mikhail. "I'll go with you to Sanct Sybil."

I sure as heck better not regret this.

Although, I knew that was impossible.

Author's Note:

So, here is the second chapter! Sorry if it's a little slow paced. I'm still trying to shape the story! Hopefully you like it anyway!

Until the next chapter, my lovelies!

P.S. Don't forget to comment, vote & follow for automatic notifications!

P.P.S. Please check out "I had A Crush On The Wrong Guy" by fire131 (It's a Be My Princess 2 FanFiction). Much appreciated by fire131, and me of course, if you go and check it out! Thanks!