Chapter 15

It had been somewhat humiliating to exit-- both-- the waiting room and the Ballroom with Prince Ivan supporting me.

You could probably say that was my pride showing as I blushed a deep red.

The other Crown Princes stopped us at the Ballroom's entrance, to see if I really was okay.

When the Princes heard that I had fainted because of how claustrophobic I felt of my corset, they laughed.

I couldn't help but laugh as well.

"Oddly, I'm glad that it was just that." Prince Oliver said. "When I saw you faint. I was so worried that you were dying!"

"Way to be melodramatic," Prince Seig commented before saying, "but yes, Prince Oliver is right, Kathleen. You worried all of us. If you don't like anything what the maids put on you. All you have to do is give them a firm no. No matter what they say."

"I'll remember that for next time." I said, feeling like I had repeated myself, which I probably had.

After that, Prince Ivan and I walked to my room.

Once in bed, I suddenly felt exhausted.

Silently, Mikhail closed the curtains for me.

"I'm sorry," I said as my eyes began to close.

"Why are you apologizing?" Prince Ivan calmly asked.

Prince Ivan had been way too calm throughout this whole thing. Had he really been that worried about me?

Maybe.

"I worried you," I sighed tiredly. "I didn't mean to. So, I'm sorry."

"You don't have to apologize," I heard Prince Ivan say. I felt him brush back my hair with a gentle hand.

"Mm," I muttered before I fell asleep.

Prince Ivan's POV:

I watched Kathleen sleep for a while before Mikhail told me that I had to go back to the party soon.

"Watch her tonight," I told him as I walked to the door. "Just in case if anything happens during the night."

"Do you not believe that it was the corset that had caused her to faint, Your Royal Highness?"

I looked back at Kathleen's sleeping form.

"Honestly?" I looked at Mikhail then. "No. I don't."

"You think Doctor Alina might be hiding something about Kathleen's health?"

"I don't know," I said truthfully. "Anyway, if anything happens, tell me and get Doctor Alina at once."

Mikhail nodded and bowed.

"Yes, Your Highness."

As I walked back to the Ballroom, it got me thinking. Is Doctor Alina hiding something about Kathleen's health? Is Kathleen herself hiding something about her health?

It was hard to say.

People loved to keep me in the dark, thinking it wouldn't make me worry. When it made me worry even more without knowing what's really happening.

Kathleen's POV:

The next day, the Royal Doctor, Doctor Alina, came by after breakfast.

She wasn't kidding when she said that she was going to give me a check up.

I didn't want to argue with Doctor Alina. So, I let her give me a check up. Even though I knew it was pointless.

She listened to my heart with her stethoscope.

As she did so, she sighed.

"Your heart beats seem to be normal right now."

I nodded, "I know."

She sighed. "How does your heart murmur act up?"

That wasn't a question that I wanted to answer, but I knew I had to.

"Usually it acts up when I'm either stressed or under pressure, maybe when I'm angry as well."

"Were you feeling stressed or anything like that yesterday?"

I shook my head slowly.

"No, which was weird." I said honestly. "Maybe, it really was the corset yesterday."

She nodded as she wrote notes in my file.

"Well, if your heart murmur acts up again-- and you're not feeling stressed or under pressure-- tell me immediately, okay?"

I nodded. "I will."

Although, I'm hoping that my heart murmur won't act up anytime soon.

Hopefully.

Author's Note:

Hmm...will Prince Ivan figure out that Kathleen has a weak heart soon?

Anywho, I hope you guys liked this chapter :)

Until next time, my lovelies!