Chapter 18

Kathleen's POV:

We spent a large amount of time in the bookstore, and that was probably for my sake.

Prince Ivan had a smile on his face as he stared at me.

I couldn't help but to blush.

"Why don't we go now?" I suggested.

"Don't you want to buy a book?" He offered.

I pursed my lips as I looked at the bookshelf in front of me.

Silently, I chose the book that I had technically been reading for the past hour or so.

He laughed, which was out of character of him. Never would he had laughed at something that I would do. Like, let's say spending a lot of time in a bookstore.

Prince Ivan was different now. He was more...gentler than the day we had met.

Did that mean something? If it did, I was totally oblivious to that meaning.

Before we went on to a different store. Prince Ivan paid for the book for me.

"Thank you," I said as I carried the small bag.

"You're welcome," He simply replied.

We walked around the town's plaza in silence for a while.

"Are you hungry?" Prince Ivan murmured when we sat down on a bench.

"Not really," I admitted.

That's when Prince Ivan's normal attitude came out.

"Are you sure? You haven't been eating much lately." He tried to keep his voice calm for my sake, but you could tell that he was struggling.

"I-I-I'm sure," I stuttered out. "But if you're hungry, then we can eat."

He sighed irritably, and we stayed silent for a few moments longer.

"Let's go," He said as he stood up from the bench.

"O-O-Okay," I followed right behind him.

We went to a small, quaint restaurant in the town. That's when I realized if it was safe for us to be in town. Meaning, if it was safe for Prince Ivan.

As if he could read my mind, he smirked.

"Did you just realize now if it was safe for me to be out and about in one of my own countries towns?"

I felt myself blush.

"W-W-Well, it didn't cross my mind." I looked down at my lap, my face burning.

He chuckled. "It's okay." He said as he drank the water the waiter had brought out. "This town is pretty small. We won't be bothered here."

I stared at Prince Ivan as he sat in a normal setting. He looked kind of out of place, and yet he didn't all at the same time.

Prince Ivan ordered for both of us, knowing my answer from earlier. He probably knew that I wouldn't have ordered anything anyway.

I wished he hadn't ordered me anything, because I really wasn't hungry.

However, I ate for Prince Ivan's sake.

Author's Note:

I really hoped that you liked this chapter. Sorry if I haven't been updating as much lately.

Well, anyway, I honestly do not know where this story is going. By this point in the story, I'm just writing as I go until I hit a huge plot point! Lol just wanted to tell you that...

See you next time, my lovelies!