Chapter 8

Author's Note:

Okay, here's Chapter 8! Sorry that it took me a while to upload this chapter! ^_^ Finally finished it today.

I hope that you like this chapter as much as I liked writing it.

Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow for automatic notifications.

Until next time, my lovelies!

~~~

Prince Ivan's POV:

"If you ever ask such a question to Kathleen again--" I gave my advisors and ministers a deadly look. "--I'll make sure that you do not work for me again!"

They all gave me a look of horror.

"Why do you care about that commoner so much?" One said, I believe his name was Alexei. "That question was needed to ask considering her social status--"

"Social status has nothing to do with that question. To have you to even think that-- it makes it clear that you don't have my best interest at hand." I individually looked at my advisors and ministers. "I care for Kathleen, and you do not get the final say in that. I do, and if you think that you do in the slightest. Then I suggest you resign now, because I won't tolerate this kind of behavior. Understood?"

Alexei and the rest of the advisors and ministers nodded.

"Good, now get out of my sight." I sat back down at my desk.

Silently, they left my office.

Really, they were all a work of art, but Kathleen does deserve an apology.

Kathleen's POV:

I stayed in my room for the rest of the day, hugging Mr. Teddy close to my chest.

Guilt pierced into my heart. I really shouldn't have been so foul to Prince Ivan, I thought as I curled up into a ball on my bed.

"Man," I muttered and shut my eyes closed.

An apology to him was definitely in order.

I got up from my bed and put Mr. Teddy back in his hiding spot before I left my room.

When I stood in front of Prince Ivan's office, I hesitated.

There's no time now to feel embarrassed with the way that you acted, I thought as I lightly slapped my cheeks.

Before I could back out, I knocked on the door and Prince Ivan called out a very irritated, "Come in".

Was he mad at me? It was hard to say, but I entered his office anyway.

"Sorry to disturb you..." I trailed off as I stood in front of the door, my head bowed.

"Kathleen," He sighed, what, in relief? "Good timing, come here. I have to talk to you."

"Oh," I went to stand in front of his desk. "S-So do I."

"You do?" I heard him say, since I still had my head bowed.

I nodded silently.

"Well, would you like it if I go first?"

"No, I want to go first." I mustered up all the courage that I had and looked into his clear blue eyes. "I'm sorry."

He raised an eyebrow, clearly confused.

"For lashing out at you on the balcony." I explained. "I was just so angry that your advisors and ministers would have the doctor to ask me such a question. I mean, that's worse than asking for a woman's age--"