Chapter 16

After what had happened at the Ball, with my heart murmur acting up and all, Prince Ivan had Mikhail watch over me like a hawk.

If Mikhail wasn't watching over me, it was Prince Ivan himself.

At most times, he wouldn't even let me out of his side.

During those times, I felt like suffocating, but I also understood why he was being so cautious. My health was "important" after all. I mean, wasn't that the main concern for a future fiancé of the Crown Prince of Sanct Sybil?

The whole having to be healthy in order to have a child safely, a successor to the throne safely.

I shook my head, getting that idea out of my mind.

Prince Ivan and I were in his office having afternoon tea with the cookies that I baked this morning.

Even that, I couldn't really do. Baking. Prince Ivan wanted me to "take it easy" for a couple of days.

Well, it's already been a couple of days, and I'm fine. I feel fine. My heart's fine.

Yeah, for now, I thought as I took a sip of my tea.
Prince Ivan looked at me for a while before he spoke.

"Why don't we go into town, hm?" He set his teacup down on the coffee table. "Get some air, see some of Sanct Sybil. You've been here for a while now. It's about time you see more of Sanct Sybil than its Fortress."

My ears perked up when he offered to take me out to see his country.

"Sure," I smiled. "I mean, if that's okay."

"It is," He stood up from his seat. I scrambled to get up from mine as well.

He had Mikhail fetch us our coats.

Prince Ivan insisted Mikhail to get me a coat that was heavy.

I sighed. He was smothering me with how overprotective he was being.

Did he actually care about me?

"Now, if you ever feel ill on our outing," Prince Ivan asked as he helped me into my pea coat. "Don't hesitate to tell me. Are we clear?"

"Crystal," I promised.

He nodded.

After he got that out of the way, we left to go into town.

I was kind of feeling giddy once we were in the car, because for the first time I got to see how his country actually looks like.

On the way to town, there were still a ton of snow everywhere, but thankfully it wasn't snowing.

At the back of my mind, I remembered reading somewhere-- maybe in a book or something-- that Sanct Sybil snowed practically year round. Except for spring and summer of course.

~~~

Prince Ivan's POV:

Kathleen and I sat in the car silently as we went down to town.

You could see that she was excited to be outside of the Fortress.

She must have felt cooped up inside the Fortress, I thought as I put a hand over my mouth, covering a smile.

Quietly, Kathleen whispered to herself, "Sanct Sybil must look just as beautiful in the Spring and Summer..."

I couldn't help but chuckle.

Now, of course, Sanct Sybil looked just as beautiful as it was now, but that was if you liked the green and all the flowers blooming.

Just as we were entering the closest town from the Fortress.

I said, "Close your eyes," to Kathleen.

She turned to look at me with a questioning look, but, with hesitation, she closed her eyes for me.

I don't why, but I wanted to see how she would react to what a town in Sanct Sybil actually looks like.

That was very out of character of me. I've been out of character ever since I met Kathleen.

Why was that, exactly?

Author's Note:

Okay, so I finally got to finish this chapter. Sorry for the delay :3 I've been really busy lately. I do hope that y'all understand!

See you in the next chapter, my lovelies!

Please don't forget to like, comment & follow for automatic notifications :)