"I couldn't sleep, I was gonna go to your room but I thought best not to bug you." I said my lie with full confidence. He smiled a soft smile indicating that he believed me.

"You could never bug me." He said as he got even closer and was now less than a foot away from me. I looked down to see he had a mechanical hand. I remember Dooku telling me he cut the hand off of a young Jedi, but I didn't know it was Anakin.

"Your hand, what happened?" I asked as I looked back up to his blue eyes.

"Oh yeah, I had a run in with a Sith, he got the better of me. Next time it'll be his hand or hands." He smirked and I forced a chuckle to come out so he wouldn't see that his comment, to hurt my only father figure, upset me. Even though I shouldn't be upset, he may be a father figure but he's not really my father he's never even showed me an ounce of love.

"Sorry if I woke you, you can go back to bed now I'll be fine." I tried ending the conversation. I turned back around to face my door.

"Wait," I felt a hand grab my forearm and I was forced to meet his blue eyes. "Why can't you sleep?"

I broke his gaze and looked down to the floor it was difficult to look at him without thinking of the  hurt expressions on his face that I saw in my dream, "Bad dreams." I gave him a small smile and looked back up at him, this time not fully lying.

"I know a thing or two about bad dreams." He responded and I could see a flash of pain go across his eyes. "Do you want to talk about it?" He gave me a sincere look and I took this as another opportunity to get closer to him.

"Not really but I wouldn't mind a little company." I gave him a soft smile before turning and opening my door.

"Ladies first." He smiles and walks inside behind me. I put everything back in my closet before I left so there was nothing for him to see that would blow my cover.

I took off my coat revealing that I'm still in day clothes, I look over to Anakin and he's silently looking at me and over my body. "Anakin can you turn around?" I told him which snapped him out of whatever spell he was under and he quickly spun around.

"Yeah sorry." He says quickly and I couldn't help but admire his toned back, wow he really is a walking angel.

I quickly changed into my nightgown and crawled into my small bed. Anakin was now sitting on the floor with his back leaning against my bed. "So you said you knew a thing or two about bad dreams, what did you mean by that?" I asked him, hoping his answer would help me understand my own dream.

He spun around and rested his forearms on the bed and laid his head down so he could look me in the eyes. "Before my mother died, I was having dreams about her and her in pain."

"And your dreams, they were visions?" I question as I furrowed my eyebrows.

He nodded, "Obi-Wan told me that those who are force sensitive can have dreams of the past, present, and future."

"Are they set dreams or can they be changed?" I don't want to die and especially not by Dooku.

"Well that depends on the type of dream, if it's past or present you obviously can't do anything to change it. But the future is always moving and the outcome can change depending on the course that is taken." He answered my questions and the entire time of him talking he never once broke eye contact with me and I could feel that unfamiliar feeling in my stomach and it made me feel uneasy.

"Sounding like a Jedi Master aren't you Skywalker?" I tease and he gave me a chuckle in response.

"I'm no master, not yet." He lifted his head from his forearms and sat up causing me to remember that he's been shirtless this entire time. "You should get some sleep (y/n)." He pulls my blanket over to cover the top half of my body and his hand barely grazed my cheek and I could feel a warm feeling form in response to his touch. I felt surprised by his gesture I have never felt so much kindness before.

"Thank you." I stare mesmerized by his eyes, I think that's the first time I ever said that.

He smiled in response and started to hum to me.

"What is that?" I ask him referring to the song.

"Just something my mother used to sing to me back on Tatooine." It was a beautiful hum and I started to think of what it was like to have someone love me enough to sing me to bed as a child. I don't even know who my real parents are, Dooku told me that they abandoned me when I was a baby.

"Anakin can I ask you one more question?" I felt like I was gonna regret what I was about to ask him.

"Of course." He said and gave me a look of curiosity.

"Why are you so nice to me?" I asked him and He looked surprised by my question and he was silent for a few moments.  I could tell he was contemplating if he should really tell me what he was about to say before he finally spoke.

"When I first saw you, I thought you were the most beautiful woman in the galaxy." As he said this I felt a jolt of what felt like electricity go from my stomach to my chest. "I could also sense you were sad and lonely, that's something we have in common." He gave me a sad smile and I started to feel guilty for playing with his feelings. I don't understand what is happening to me. I've never felt guilty for anything in my life. Is this what life is really like outside of the dark?

"I thought you had the face of an angel." I smiled and my eyes started to feel heavy. I could hear Anakin humming to me before I drifted off to sleep.

(A/N) it's 2 am but I really wanted to write this chapter! I was super worried about it and I'm hoping I'm not making their relationship seem like it's moving too quickly. Let me know what you think! And of course if you see any errors in grammar feel free to point them out! Thank you♥️