Chapter 7

When I finally reached the Temple doors I found a familiar face waiting for me. It was Lekia. I had told her to stay in the alleys, but of course, she didn’t listen. I walked past her without saying a word or looking at her. She ran to catch up with me.

                “Andora, what happened?” She asked.

                “A Jedi slaughtered all the other Jedi.”

                She gasped. “Why?”

                “I don’t know, but it’s not safe here. Go home.”

                I started to walk towards the ports. “Why aren’t you coming?” She asked. I looked up finally.

                “I’m going somewhere and you can’t come.”

                “I want to. What happened to sticking together?” She asked, outraged.

                “You’re still a kid. Go find someone else to bother.”

                She scoffed. “I’m a kid who saved your life. I’m a kid who told you about the attack on the Temple. I’m coming.”

                “No. You’re not.”

                “Yes. I am.” She kept up with me. I turned around and stared at her.

                Slowly, I raised my hand and concentrated on the Force. “You want to go to the alleys.”

                Her pupils were vacant. “I want to go to the alleys.”

                “Now go.” I said, impatiently. She started to walk away and that’s when I sprinted for a hiding place. Soon she would realize that I had tricked her.

                But soon I would be on a starship out of here.