Chapter 4

I breathed heavily as the troopers passed my column. I could hang suspended like this for hours but that wasn't the problem. All the troopers had to do was look up and I would be shot out of the ceiling. I tried to climb higher and faster to reach the top. It was dark out, the sun had faded by now, and the top of the Temple was pitch black.

"There!" I heard a clone trooper shout. I gasped and looked down. They weren't looking up at me. They were looking straight ahead, their blasters pointed. I followed their gazes.

They were aiming at a little Padawan, maybe five years younger than me, yielding her lightsaber bravely. I smiled at that. Of course, it was only a training lightsaber, it had no significance to a Padawan what-so-ever, just a training weapon.

I pursed my lips as I watched the little girl slowly back away from the advancing clones. I saw a hooded figure behind her. I sighed and felt relieved when I saw them ignite their dark blue lightsaber.

I was soon mortified when I saw the lightsaber cut through the little girl's fragile frame. I thought I was dreaming again; killing my Master and killing more Jedi, but I wasn't. This time, it was real. My dreams were coming true, and in the worse sense.

I almost screamed. I had to tightly squeeze my hand around my mouth. I was scared to death. What happened next was what scared me to the Force and beyond. The cloaked figure withdrew his hood and stood there.

There, with the scar burnt into his cheek and his brown, fluffy hair all shaggy and messy, stood Anakin.

I swear I almost fell from the column.