Chapter 22

ITALICS REPRESENT FLASHBACKS

When we arrived at the hanger, we found that Juh Quit's words were true. There was one ship in the hanger, which was now abandoned. Once word of the massacre had spread, I'm sure people fled to protect their families. That's what I was doing.

Faven put her hands on her knees and breathed hard. "We need to go, now." She breathed.

I didn't protest. We both ran to the ship and strapped ourselves in.

"Let's hope we have more luck flying this ship than the last one we crashed."

"I still can't figure out what happened with that." Faven noted blankly.

"Well, let's not stay to find out." I put the ship on Autopilot and we started to take off.

"Where should we go?" Faven asked.

"Anywhere we don't die." I said sarcastically and she shot me a nasty look.

I shrugged my shoulders. "How about Tatooine?"

"Master Kenobi told us specifically not to go there."

"I never was good at following orders." I laughed.

Faven laughed too. "Maybe Mygeeto?" She suggested.

"That's not the most hospitable planet." I commented.

"Any other ideas?" She asked.

"Kamino?" I said quickly.

"That's where the clones are produced. I don't think that's a great idea."

"Well, I guess Coruscant is already out of the question?" I asked.

She just nodded.

"And Shili?"

I looked at her with a pained expression on my face. She answered her own question.

"What about Naboo?" I asked. That seemed like the only good option right now.

Faven sat silently, considering my proposition.

"Padme," She said quietly.

I just closed my eyes. It was the Senator's home planet. That would not be a good choice considering she knew both of us very well.

"What planet is closest right now?" I asked.

Faven studied a digital map in front of her. "Polis Massa," She said.

"Isn't that an asteroid planet?" I asked and she nodded.

"As long as we are out of Anakin's realm..." I trailed off.

My mind was racing with thoughts of the Anakin I once knew, the Master I once trusted, the Togruta I once loved... my heart was in shambles.

They were there, with clones, being tended by medic droids. Anakin shot up when he saw Ahsoka on my back.

I gently set Ahsoka down and looked at her. She was covered in ash, her face black and her clothes smoldering. I wiped the ash away from her face gently with my hand. Anakin fell to the ground next to me.

"Ahsoka!" He shouted, gently jostling her.

"She won't wake." I sobbed. I gripped her hand tight and wished for her to wake up. All I had ever known was slipping from me in that instant. My heart was split in two as my best friend was motionless beneath me. Cold and fear were creeping into my mind, forcing me to drift away with Ahsoka, and that's all I wanted to do. I soon let my eyes close and my body fall limp. I fell to the ground still holding Ahsoka's ice cold hand.

"Hey," Faven touched my arms gently after a while, "are you alright?" She asked, concerned.

"Fine," I assured her softly. "I'm just tired." I explained.

She smiled and nodded, looking back at the asteroid field in front of us.

"Are we almost there?" I asked.

"There it is." She pointed at a little asteroid. Our new home.

When we got closer and closer to the planet, we saw a series of buildings all connected by hangers. Once Faven started the landing sequence, the door to one of the hangers mysteriously opened.

I looked at Faven and she looked back at me.

"Do you think it's motion activated?" She asked.

"No," I said simply.

"I think we aren't the only ones here."

I could see the fear in Faven's eyes, the unknown. I was scared too, but I couldn't show it.

"Do you think they're loyal to the Republic?" She asked.

I shook my head. "There is no Republic anymore. Who knows? Maybe a Sith is living on this asteroid."

"Once we land, we have a small chance of leaving. Our fuel level is extremely low. Our food supply is running out. If the person or people here don't kill us, starvation will." She commented blatantly.

"Well, here goes nothing." I said and we touched down in the hanger.