Chapter 34

"Go!" I shouted, giving Rex, Mika, and Faven permission to leave me here on this planet with Darth Vader.

"I'm not leaving you!" Faven shouted back.

I gave a quick look at Rex, who grabbed Faven's shoulders and tried to drag her back into the ship.

"No!" She screamed.

It wasn't long before Anakin graced us with his presence. Mika set the autopilot and the ship was beginning to take off. I knew he would kill me, but I had to buy Faven, Rex, and Mika time.

When he came to a halt, I put up my best defensive. I held my lightsaber in hand, but waited until he threatened me to ignite it.

We just stood there staring for a while.

"Last time I saw you, you left the Order." Anakin stated. Only it wasn't Anakin. His voice was harsh, cold. It wasn't what I remembered of him.

A tear came to my eye, but I quickly blinked it away.

I simply couldn't speak.

"Last time I saw you, you told me you would honor..." I couldn't even say her name.

"My old apprentice?" He finished for me.

I looked at him sincerely and gave a gentle nod.

"I couldn't save Ahsoka." He said, choking on her name.

"No one could have," I reasoned.

"I should've been able to. The Council was holding me back!" He was angrier now.

"Is this what she would want?" I retorted gently.

He hung his head, unable to answer the question.

"No, it's not. You're running around the Galaxy in vain, Anakin." I eased.

"My name is not Anakin. My name... is Darth Vader." He said, igniting the red blade from his lightsaber hilt. It truly had an elegance to it, the Sith red.

"Then you are lost!" I said, igniting my own.

He jumped from the ground and landed on top of me, lightsaber against lightsaber. I kicked him off me, and above me I saw the ship flying lower and lower.

"Anakin, please," I sobbed, crying uncontrollably now.

He only advanced closer. I started to pull back in retreat and jumped for the ship.

"Goodbye, Anakin," I ducked under the capsule door and entered the craft, where Mika, Rex, and Faven were waiting.

"What the hell was that?" Mika shouted.

"Calm down," I assured her, breathing heavily.

Faven walked over to the pilot's chair and sat down, crossing her arms. I placed a hand on Mika's shoulder.

"One second," I said, walking over to Faven.

"I'm sorry," I said, looking at her.

There were tears in your eyes. "You thought you could die on me? Sacrifice yourself for me?"

"Love requires sacrifice. If anyone should know that, it's you."

A tear slipped down her cheek and I wiped it away.

"It will be fine. I promise," I reassured her.