Chapter 33

I hadn't realized that I fell asleep in the control center until Mika was shaking my shoulder violently. I opened my eyes groggily and put my hand on hers.

"Get. Off. Me."

She slowly removed her hand and smiled meekly.

"Why did you feel the need to wake me up?" I asked, irritated.

"Look," She said, pointing to the window.

I followed her gaze and saw a ship coming towards our little asteroid.

"Blast it! I can never catch a break," I muttered and stormed out of the control center.

I headed to the communications room where Rex was standing with Faven. He arms were crossed jaggedly and it looked like she had been crying. Mika shot me a disapproving gaze, as if this was my fault, and stood next to Faven protectively.

"Who's about to land on our asteroid?" I asked, rolling up the sleeves of my baggy shirt.

"According to this scan, a machine. But according to this scan, a human," Rex said, handing me two tablets with the different scans.

"What the..." Mika trailed off.

My heart immediately started racing and my stomach dropped.

"Go! Go! Go! Get to the hanger now! Rex, prep a transport and get Mika and Faven out of here! It's Anakin. I know it is," My voice trembled as I tried to act brave.

Used to the high pressure situations, Rex immediately pushed Mika and Faven out of the door before they could even realize what was happening.

"Andora, wait!" Faven threw a hand back for me as she was pushed through the hallway.

My heart broke as I saw the true fear in her eyes. I watched as they scrambled into a ship on the far hanger. Luckily, Anakin's ship landed in the near hanger, the hanger closest to me.

I desperately wanted to hide, to run to the hanger and leave, but I felt I couldn't. I felt that I needed to stay here and die by Anakin's blade.

It wasn't long before Anakin stormed into the compound. I hid and watched him walk towards one of the medical rooms. I slowly crept toward the open room, carefully staying out of sight. He should have noticed me already, but he hadn't. I couldn't figure out why.

"I'm sorry," He knelt next to the table and tightly gripped the side.

My heart sunk.

"I've failed you, Padme. It's all my fault," He breathed through his automated suit. The black velvet of his cape shinned in the low light. His head rested on the table, I could hear him sobbing.

"I miss you, Padme."

I knew I should, leave, but I couldn't. I knew he would kill me if he knew I was here, but I couldn't leave. Something was pulling me toward him and I couldn't figure out what it was.

When I was just about to walk towards him, a hand grabbed my shoulder. I turned and saw Rex. He shook his head and pulled me away, leaving Anakin alone in the medical room.

We boarded the ship and immediately Faven ran up and kissed me. Then she slapped me. She was crying.

"What was that for?" I asked, placing a hand on my sore face.

"You're so stupid! But I love you."

I smiled. "I love you, too. I'm sorry that I'm stupid."

"You better be."

"Sorry to interrupt, but we need to get going," Rex interjected.

"Start the autopilot," I said.

"To where?" Mika interjected.

I glanced at Faven. She had absolutely no idea.

"To Tatooine," I finally said.

"Oh no," Rex said, looking out of the window of the cruiser.

"What?" I asked, dejectedly.

"Look," He replied and I looked outside. I could see Darth Vader running toward us, full speed with lightsaber ignited.

"Oh... no," I repeated.