Chapter 9

I smiled meekly and walked slowly to greet her. Anger and hatred began to flow through my veins. I tried my best to calm myself down.

"Padme," I greeted her with a gentle bow.

"Anakin told me you left the Temple." Padme said. "Tell me it's not true, Andora."

I inhaled slowly.

"That would be a lie." I said blatantly. "It's true. I did leave, and I am not going back."

"Why?" She asked simply.

"It's... complicated." I sighed.

She led me to her transport. Once we were inside, we sat down. She didn't say anything for a while. It was dead silent. I liked the silence though. It gave me time to think of a lie, of something to mask the reason I left.

"Andora," She said softly, breaking the silence, and thus, my train of thought.

I looked up at her. "What?" I asked gently.

"Her death wasn't your fault." She spoke quietly, keeping her head down.

A tear slid down my cheek. "Excuse me Senator, but I need to get going." The ship started to take off, and I panicked. I quickly jumped out of the closing door and landed on the platform.

People screamed, presuming I fell. When I rose and shook off the dirt from me cloak, the bystanders continued with their lives.

"Andora!" I heard Padme scream from the transport.

I walked into the shadows of the Spaceport. I wanted desperately to leave this place. It sent shivers down my spine. The warmth no longer engulfed me, even if I stepped into the shining sun.